Friday, July 11, 2008

Welcome to our crazy life!

Hi to all and welcome to our crazy life! I never thought I would actually have my own blog but my sister, Julie, of Welcome to my world, got me going. Thanks, Julie! So, here is a little bit about me and my family.

My hubby, Bill, and I have been married for 19 years. We have two daughters, Gabrielle (Gabby) and Abigail (Abby). Both girls were born in 1994 and they are not twins. Gabby in January and Abby in December. I have no idea what we were thinking naming the girls as we did and believe me we have asked ourselves that same question over and over. In our defense, Gabby was never to be called Gabby but Gabrielle or Elle. This did not work out....as soon as she started talking she never stopped and the name just stuck. It fits her and we would not want to deny her that :} Abby is a bit quieter and has a great sense of humor. The Lord knew what He was doing when He sent Abby our way. After Gab was born we were sure we would never sleep again, why not add another right away! Our life has been in an uproar ever since.

We life in small town central Illinois and enjoy our neighborhood. Our church is about a month away from planting a new church and we are going to be involved with the new church. This is exciting and scary all at once. We love our church and will miss those that we will not see weekly but know that God has placed us where we are to be and we will follow His will.

I am excited to meet all the great folks in the blogging world! I have been reading up on many through my sister's site and feel like I already know you all. So, please, sit down and enjoy.....or just enjoy knowing that you don't live next door to us, the crazy family!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I say it? HA HA HA HA IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!

Welcome little sister to the Blog world! You will become addicted, just as I did and you will meet some outrageously wonderful people!

Love you!

Jeanette said...

YIPEE! My first comment - I'll cherish it forever :}

Love ya
JW

ADMIN said...

Yay! Julie has a sister!
Your family sounds interesting. I can't wait to find out why you're the crazy ones!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sister . . . Should we announce on the blog what your nickname is? and why???

Mimi is awesome! You should visit her blogs!

Jolanthe said...

Happy blogging to you!

Jolanthe

Meg said...

Welcome to this wonderfully crazy world of Blogland. :)

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Welcome to the blog world! I'm sure you've been warned of how addicting/wonderful it is :)

Patrice and Higgins said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I am still pretty new to this wonderful world, and I am now just getting into the swing of things!

I look forward to reading about your teenage girls and to see how different and crazy it is from rasing teenage boys!!

Simply Heart And Home said...

JW,

Nice to meet you! My first two children are twin girls. Their names are adorable!

Welcome to the blogging world!

Gina