I have been out of the blogging loop way too long!
It seems that we need another computer in this house!
My kids have taken over my laptop AND the PC.
NO!
It isn't funny!
Stop laughing!
I am having withdrawal symptoms.
I really thought we would be able to wait until the girls graduate from high school before they would really need a computer of their own.
I may have had an oversight while I was thinking that thought.
I don't think I was blogging at the time. This blogging thing has brought about some feelings in me that I never thought I would have.
WITHDRAWAL for one.
OVERPROTECTIVENESS for another.
I had to quick grab my laptop when Abby finally plugged it in. I was afraid Gab would go for it before I had a chance to look it over today. I was going to be an all out brawl I tell you!
Alrighty then....
We have decided to take the dive and order the granite for the kitchen and 1/2 bath. I will be ordering it on Monday. I picked up a new faucet today and we decided to order the sink through the granite people. We ended up going with Builder's Warehouse because they were about $2,000 cheaper than the rest. We will be taking the countertops out on our own and will be checking with our church family and habitat for humanity to see if they need them before trashing them. They are still in fairly good shape and we don't want them in a landfill unless they can't be used elsewhere!
If anybody in my area could use them, let me know! I would be happy to give them to you!!
We chose the color Blue Pearl for the granite. It is gorgeous and will look great with my natural maple cabinets!! I can't let my sister have all the renovation fun you know :}
I am still debating on the bathroom fixtures. They are a chrome color now but I would like to change them up - kind of expensive to change everything over though. I'll be paying for the bathroom extras out of my paychecks so that does not go very far. My DH does not see the need to make any changes other than the vanity top and sink. Our house is 10 years old and has a mix of brass and silver. I would like to get rid of the brass but am unsure that I want to go with the oil rubbed look because I'm afraid that by the time I get all the bathrooms done it will be out of style! I really like the brushed nickel look though and it may stay in style longer. What do you think my faithful blog readers? What should I do?
REALLY! I need (insert whine here) your opinion! I know you are just DYING to give it to me too :}
Chat with ya later!
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
10 months ago

7 comments:
I am so jealous I want to redo all of our counter tops and faucets...
The rubbed oil is pretty, but I think you are right about the brushed nickel. It has more lasting appeal:)
Yep, I have ALL the fun! NOT! I am weary . . . weary of the renovation and addition . . . the good news, we are beginning to see the end of the tunnel. As for the fixtures . . . I have brushed nickel in all of the rooms except the Masterbath faucets - oil rubbed bronze and I love it! Even when and if they go out of style - that is only ONE room to replace if I WANT TO . . . I don't let style dictate my likes or dislikes - I like to be different . . . like my Hickory cabinetry!
The computer issue - I would simply get the girls their OWN computer - to share . . . hands off of Mom and Dad's! No If ANDs OR BUTTS!
Hugs and love
Good to see you out of hibernation!! I vote on getting both girls a new computer, they have really dropped in price and you may be able to get a good deal!! Then hands off yours!!
I will have to throw my vote in for the brushed nickel, It just really is my fav!! I am a tad jealous, I would love to do an overhaul in our house, what a great way to welcome Spring!!
I like the brushed nickel, but really everything new is so pretty now fixture wise!
Have fun redecorating!
The oil rubbed bronze tended to be pricier when we built, but if you are doing just a half-bath, it may be worth the splurge to enjoy it in a small section of your abode:) We did brushed nickel throughout and like it-- amazing what you have to consider with the fixtures... down to the toilet seat hinges! give me a break! But, in my OCD, it all had to match... even the hardware on the ceiling fans.
Which, by the way, reminds me to thank you once again for putting your life on the line with my vaulted ceiling. Thank you for putting yourself up there and being a liability;) You were SUCH a blessing!!
Enjoying your blog!
Sarah
Bah I'm clueless. I just know I like for my vanity knobs to match my faucette. I don't mix my jewelry either. It's either gold or silver.
Good luck. I know I didn't help you one stinkin' bit.
My son always steals my laptop too! I know exactly how you feel! It's not funny! LOL!
Post a Comment