Monday, March 30, 2009

Yada yada yada

I am still trying to get warm.

Track meet tonight you know.

It wasn't bad until the second hour of sitting rolled around and the sun was about gone.

Abby did well. She ran hurdles (got 2nd), the 400 (got 3rd) and the 4x200 (can't remember what place). She finally got done and we headed home.

My feet are not yet warm and that was two hours ago!

I ordered my granite countertops today.

The bathroom tops can't be ordered for another 6 weeks as it is coming over on "the boat". Whichever boat that may be - I just hope its legal :}

The guy at the granite place said that doing the bathroom vanity is not a big deal and if I had done one before I could do this one too. I'm taking his word for it and saving some cash too. I'll be explaining a broken window and a bath vanity in my front yard with our homeowners association if he is wrong!

I believe that I will be going with the brushed nickel look for the bathrooms. Just need to find a faucet I like and then look for some reasonably priced towel rod, paper holder and light fixtures. At least with the bathroom being put off for 6 weeks, I can focus on the kitchen and save up a few paychecks to get what is needed for the bathroom.

I am at a loss as to what color I will be painting the kitchen so I pretty much picked up one of each paint card at Lowe's today. They are sitting in a bag in a corner in my dining room. That is as far as it will get today. My brain just can't take anymore :}

Time to curl up with my blanket and get a nap before bed!

Rest well friends!

Hugs,
Jeanette

8 comments:

heartsfulloflove said...

Hey,
On the faucets/hardware...you may go pick out what you like and then check on ebay. We had some picked out and found the exact ones on ebay--brand new. The roman tub faucet that was $300 plus at the store, we got for like $60 including shipping.
Good luck!

Kris said...

Ditto on the cold feet! Abby did great today!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Abby!!! I couldn never in a lifetime do that!

Yes, you did make me smile and Yes it was a bad joke! feel the pain!

Unknown said...

Congrats to Abby!
I need to remodel my bathrooms SO BAD!

j said...

Can't wait to hear how things go!

Congrats to your girl on her Track skills. From a non runner, I am WAY impressed.

Mrs. Darling said...

I remember when we were making all those decions! What a lot of planning!

When I get chilled to the bone I soak in the tub. Its the only way to get the marrow of the bone warm again!

Cheffie-Mom said...

My feet freeze at my son's baseball games, too. Thank goodness it's starting to warm up a little bit here in Texas.

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

O.k. I am so far behind reading blogs. I am sorry you froze at the track meet.

Have you check Overstock.com for some of the items you need for your kitchen and bathroom?