Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Break!

We are officially on Easter break.

I know many call it Spring break but I am holding true to the Easter break title. After all, that is why we are on a break right?!

In our neck of the woods, we can't really call it spring either so the title just doesn't fit. I mean, sure, it is officially spring but if you look outside you will see the rain and the possibility of snow again tonight. I am SO excited about this as Gabby has another ball game tomorrow night.

Yesterday found us sitting through 3+ softball games. Gabby's high school team had a double header and the jv had a double header before them (we had no idea about the 1st double header). So we headed over to the game and sat from 10:30-4. My toes were like tater tots! I was wrapped in 3 blankets and my winter coat. It seemed so nice when you first got out there and then the wind would pick up and the sun would go behind the clouds. Brrrr!

On the up side, both teams won their first games and lost their second (the second one doesn't count toward anything). Gabby got another triple during the second game and caught a pop fly in deep left center and gunned a girl down at first. The guys standing behind me were very impressed with her :} I think the coach from the other team about had a heart attack :} He didn't think she was going to catch the ball AND be able to get the girl on first too. WRONG! That's my girl :}

Tonight Gabby has a few of her friends over to spend the night. Tomorrow will bring cleaning and laundry and another ball game. The plus.....NO ALARM CLOCK :}

I have so many exciting things going on - just can't let you in on them yet. One of my blogging buddies is in on one of the surprises with me. Sssshhhhh! Don't tell :}

I have to say I'm thankful for getting the spring cleaning done early. With the girls home this week, we will have more down time to enjoy whatever we want. They will be helping me at work. With their help, I am hoping that we won't have to spend very many hours at work this week. My boss is cool with me bringing help. He knows that they are good helpers (which means he doesn't have to pay for the extra hours I would be there without them) and they will eventually get to work there too. I pay them about $10 a day plus ice cream. They think it is a deal and I do too!!

I have 600+ chocolate daisy suckers to make this week as well. I'm thinking maybe Wednesday will be a good day for that but I may extend it through the week. We have an annual ladies luncheon at church every year and it is always the last Saturday in April. This year we need daisies for the ladies to take home in their little flower pots that will be filled with fun colored skittles. The colors are going to be fun and bright. I can't wait to see it all come together. That will be my last event that I help plan for awhile.

Thursday will bring the best of all. Manicures and pedicures for us all. I am wearing peep toed shoes on Easter so I NEED a pedicure. Abby doesn't like pedicures (whose child is she?) but will get a manicure instead. Gabby will get treated to both! I get my nails done every other week so I'm just set for a pedicure. I CAN'T WAIT! It has been 6 month since I got a pedi. I HEART THEM :}

Time to say good night. I'm hoping to post more this week. I know you have been waiting days for this post :}

Hugs,
Jeanette

3 comments:

Patrice and Higgins said...

Yeah, so much for Spring here too, it spitting snow and it's cold!...brrrr! Enjoy no alarm clocks this week....you deserve it!

j said...

I ENVY you your pedi!! I need one SO bad but who knows when I'll do it.

Go Gabby!! She sounds like an awesome player. Diva Daughter plays her first game of the season tonight. Keep your fingers crossed for her!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Happy Spring Break! enJOY your week!