I'm just busting to tell you!
We have a new addition to the family coming in August :}
Yep, you read that right!
We will be blessed to have our third daughter in early August.
We are so excited, we can hardly wait!
I have to tell you how this came about.
What?!
Just keep reading - it is a great story.
About a month ago we got the call. One of the gals from church called and asked if we would be interested in hosting a foreign exchange student from Spain.
We have a new addition to the family coming in August :}
Yep, you read that right!
We will be blessed to have our third daughter in early August.
We are so excited, we can hardly wait!
I have to tell you how this came about.
What?!
Just keep reading - it is a great story.
About a month ago we got the call. One of the gals from church called and asked if we would be interested in hosting a foreign exchange student from Spain.
GOTCHA :}
We prayed about it and talked with the girls. They were excited right from the start. Honestly, I was a bit hesitant. The thought of adding another teenage girl to the mix is a bit terrifying. I have no idea how we will handle another kiddo but I know we have been called to this mission. We are looking at it as a mission field as she is not a believer but is willing to go to church with us. We will treat her like we treat Gab & Ab and will expect the same from her as well. I'll let you know more about her when we get to "talk" to her through email!
Ok, on to other things.
Today was the ladies luncheon at church. That was my last official event that I needed to oversee before the end of my three year term. It was a lovely day with a sweet group of ladies that sang for us and a wonderful lady that shared "stewardship" with us. Her perspective was interesting and was strictly what we can do with our God given gifts. Something I had not really thought of as stewardship before. It was a sweet time of worship! I have to thank the AWESOME ladies that worked so hard to make the event a success - Kendra, Erica and Marli - YOU ROCK! Sorry, I totally forgot my camera. What kinda blogger am I anyway???
My sil has not had her baby yet. I am distressed about this! Something is not right and it makes my stomach turn in knots when I think about it. I know that God is in control and that the baby will come when she is ready. She is 2 weeks overdue - that just makes me scared!

We prayed about it and talked with the girls. They were excited right from the start. Honestly, I was a bit hesitant. The thought of adding another teenage girl to the mix is a bit terrifying. I have no idea how we will handle another kiddo but I know we have been called to this mission. We are looking at it as a mission field as she is not a believer but is willing to go to church with us. We will treat her like we treat Gab & Ab and will expect the same from her as well. I'll let you know more about her when we get to "talk" to her through email!
Ok, on to other things.
Today was the ladies luncheon at church. That was my last official event that I needed to oversee before the end of my three year term. It was a lovely day with a sweet group of ladies that sang for us and a wonderful lady that shared "stewardship" with us. Her perspective was interesting and was strictly what we can do with our God given gifts. Something I had not really thought of as stewardship before. It was a sweet time of worship! I have to thank the AWESOME ladies that worked so hard to make the event a success - Kendra, Erica and Marli - YOU ROCK! Sorry, I totally forgot my camera. What kinda blogger am I anyway???
My sil has not had her baby yet. I am distressed about this! Something is not right and it makes my stomach turn in knots when I think about it. I know that God is in control and that the baby will come when she is ready. She is 2 weeks overdue - that just makes me scared!

I actually saw one of those "smart" cars on the road today. The picture shown above is actual size! Seriously, this car is so small it is almost ridiculous. I had to laugh as I drove by - the guy had one of those flags attached to his window and I was thinking - seriously, a grown man (not of a small size mind you) is driving this car down the interstate?! No kidding, I think it is all of 5 foot long MAYBE! It just looked like a matchbox car driving down the road. Not sure how safe it is.....
Must go, battery is starting to die!
Hugs,

3 comments:
An exchange sudent from Spain will be a great addition to your family!
It's really very generous of you to be her host family. Your girls must be excited.
My sister was almost 3 weeks overdue and we were all worrried, but my niece was born healthy and strong. I hope and pray that it will be that way for your sil.
ou are so right about those smart cars!They are hideous looking! I saw them on tv in crash tests and the outcome was not good-smashed up like a tuna can. I'm always surprised when I see older people driving them- they just look so silly!
Wow, congratulations!! How neat is that!! Can't wait to hear more about her!!
I have not seen a smart car up close and personal, but who would want to drive something that could leave you flat as a pancake, if a semi truck does not see you?? Not me!
So excited about your new addition! It will be fun to get to know her. We will be praying that God can use you in a mighty way! When will she come?
Post a Comment