I know it has been forever since I have posted.
So sorry!
It has been an extremely busy week.
As you know, I have been working on my kitchen.
It looked like this:

So sorry!
It has been an extremely busy week.
As you know, I have been working on my kitchen.
It looked like this:

And then the counter tops came out...
And the paint went on....
Meanwhile, other parts of my house looked like this.....
And this is the result of all my toil....
I LOVE IT! I would love to replace all the appliances with stainless but my DH has put his foot down. We will replace them as they die....(die microwave, die!). Wednesday night I was able to get the faucet installed and the plumbing hooked up. It took a few hours but my daddy (who is my hero) had the pipe wrenches that I need to get the job done much more quickly. One trip to Menards and I had it done. Miracle of miracles, no leaks and the garbage disposal works like a charm. I love it when a plan comes together :}
I also got my new dining room light installed last week. Doesn't it look pretty?
Add all this work to a week of 20+ hours at work and nights of track meets and late night softball games and that pretty much rounds out our week. We are thankful that Gabby's softball tourney got cancelled for this weekend. We have had so much rain that the fields are saturated and aren't drying out. Our backyard is a swamp and I just about lost my shoe while I was mowing. I was fine unless I stayed in one spot too long then it was like a suction cup.
Tonight I am tired. Exhausted. I really want to just curl up in a ball and cry - for no reason other than I am tired. I'm thinking a week off would do me good but this coming week at work will be very busy with Mother's day coming. Please do everyone a favor and plan your Mother's day gifts early! You have no idea how blessed the service people will be!!
I guess a guy came into work last night and demanded that the kids call the "cake lady" and make her come in to make a cake for him. As if I am on call! He wanted a large cake by today. When the kids told him no, he become very upset and said it was ridiculous that it would take overnight to make a cake. I'm guessing he has never tried to frost melting ice cream. I don't know how I would have made another large cake for today. I was in for 5 hours and spent at least 1 hour on the large cake that had been ordered on Wednesday. Add that to 5 other special order cakes due for over the weekend and about 18 cases of cupcakes and that pretty much makes up my day.
I was pleasantly surprised when I got home and Bill had gotten more laundry done. I was so happy! This is a small miracle in our home. I didn't know he knew how to work the washer. Shocking! He knew how to turn on the dryer too. It just goes to show you that miracles do happen :}
Closing for tonight. Rest well friends - I have a pay it forward on my next post.
Hugs!

6 comments:
I am so impressed! Your kitchen looks great.
You got skills, girlfriend!
I love your new light, too.
I know for a fact that my husband does not know how to turn on the washing machine, congrats to yours!
Your kitchen looks beautiful.
I hope your swamp, I mean backyard dries up soon.
Sorry some people don't understand decorating a cake takes time, I feel for ya. There is too much of the I need it now and I don't care how long it takes you to do it in this society.
The granite looks BEA-UTIFUL! Kuddos to Bill... John still doesn't even know where my underwear drawer is located!
Your kitchen is beautiful! So welcoming! Have a wonderful Monday!
It turned out nice!
YOU. ARE. AWESOME.
Your kitchen looks so good and I am way impressed.
I'm sorry you are so tired and I hope you get caught up on your rest.
Your husband did laundry? You have excellent taste in men :)
Post a Comment