Saturday was a busy day at one of the local parades. Many of the small towns in our area of celebrations like Old Settlers Days, Pumpkin Festival, Marigold Festival, etc. All that means that our high school marching band is busy during the fall months marching in parades and marching band competitions.
The next few pictures do not need an explanation. They will simply define what kind of town the parade was located at!
Here are some shots of the band in the first parade of the season and a picture of Gabby. Go Gabby, Go Gabby, Go Gabby!!!!
I want to give a heads up to parents out there with teens. Gabby had a bad reaction to the Monster energy drink. She had one after the parade and when the effects where wearing off, her heart was beating really fast, she got dizzy and her face was really warm. After checking online, I figured out that she was coming down from her energy "high" and her body was not responding very well to it. I had her drink a bunch of water to try to get it flushed from her system. She finally fell asleep about 11:30-12am. From now on, she will only be able to drink Gatorade, water, or Powerade. No Red Bull and no Monster!
Sunday, we spent the morning at church, had an afternoon softball meeting for next summer's softball team, and made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up a few things that we HAD to have for school.
I have a great video of Gabby "dancing" but I can't get it to load. Guess I'll leave you in suspense until I can get it going :}
Hugs :}

2 comments:
Bless her heart! I guess she has enough energy and doesn't need the drink. The parade pictures were great - they reminded me of home!
What fun photos! I'm glad Gabby is ok!
Post a Comment