Here we are on a rainy Wednesday afternoon.
We started school yesterday.
YIPEE!
Here are the "first day of school" pictures....
Gabby has an early class so she got to leave at 7:20 and Edris & Abby catch the bus across the street from our house at 7:50 (or 8am as the bus was REALLY late yesterday!)
Everyone came home happy and without homework!
Gab and Ab have been at volleyball practice each evening this week while Edris is at swim practice. She was able to join the team for practice on Monday and everyone had team pictures this afternoon. I am just thankful that everyone is at school at the same time :}
So this afternoon I have been home alone.
I know you are jealous!!
We are having some incredible storms moving through our area right now which means that tomorrow will be VERY humid! I'm sure Gabby will love that with her curly hair :} Edris does not seem to have any trouble with her hair getting frizzy in the humidity! How does that work?!
While I have been home alone this afternoon....
I just have to keep reminding you of that :}
I have gotten dinner ready for us tonight.
What is on the menu you ask?
You did ask!
I heard you!
Oh, sorry! I guess that was the voice in my head....
I'm going to tell you anyway even though you didn't ask because the voice in my head wants to know ;}
Lasagna (homemade none of the Stouffer's stuff for my family thank you very much!)
Sweet Italian Bread (again homemade)
Gab and Ab have been at volleyball practice each evening this week while Edris is at swim practice. She was able to join the team for practice on Monday and everyone had team pictures this afternoon. I am just thankful that everyone is at school at the same time :}
So this afternoon I have been home alone.
I know you are jealous!!
We are having some incredible storms moving through our area right now which means that tomorrow will be VERY humid! I'm sure Gabby will love that with her curly hair :} Edris does not seem to have any trouble with her hair getting frizzy in the humidity! How does that work?!
While I have been home alone this afternoon....
I just have to keep reminding you of that :}
I have gotten dinner ready for us tonight.
What is on the menu you ask?
You did ask!
I heard you!
Oh, sorry! I guess that was the voice in my head....
I'm going to tell you anyway even though you didn't ask because the voice in my head wants to know ;}
Lasagna (homemade none of the Stouffer's stuff for my family thank you very much!)
Sweet Italian Bread (again homemade)
Lettuce salad
Apple Dump Cake
Yummo!
I know you want to know what a "dump" cake is so here is the recipe:
1 yellow cake mix
Apple Dump Cake
Yummo!
I know you want to know what a "dump" cake is so here is the recipe:
1 yellow cake mix
1 stick butter
2 cans of your favorite pie filling
Mix the cake mix and butter (room temp) together to make a crumbly mixture. Dump (where the name comes from - shocking eh?) the 2 cans of pie filling into the bottom of the pan. Dump the cake & butter mixture on top of the pie filling and spread it out evenly. Bake at 350 until the cake mixture is slightly brown. I love cherry and applie pie fillings but blueberry is also good!
My house smells wonderful and I am ahead of the game for tonight. It is hard to have a hot meal on the table when you have to go pick up kids at 6pm. My girls are NEVER out of practice on time (another rant for another time). Tonight the swim team has a company coming in to supply them with the things that they will need for the season.
I'm going to try to sneak in a short nap before heading to school to pick up the kids. I've been up since 6am two days in a row and I'm tired. It is the only way I'll make it through the rest of the week :}
Hugs!
Mix the cake mix and butter (room temp) together to make a crumbly mixture. Dump (where the name comes from - shocking eh?) the 2 cans of pie filling into the bottom of the pan. Dump the cake & butter mixture on top of the pie filling and spread it out evenly. Bake at 350 until the cake mixture is slightly brown. I love cherry and applie pie fillings but blueberry is also good!
My house smells wonderful and I am ahead of the game for tonight. It is hard to have a hot meal on the table when you have to go pick up kids at 6pm. My girls are NEVER out of practice on time (another rant for another time). Tonight the swim team has a company coming in to supply them with the things that they will need for the season.
I'm going to try to sneak in a short nap before heading to school to pick up the kids. I've been up since 6am two days in a row and I'm tired. It is the only way I'll make it through the rest of the week :}
Hugs!

6 comments:
Sounds like good eating!!
I just made a dessert very similar to that this morning for my husband to take to work (major points with his coworkers). I put pie filling in the pan, then cake mix, then chopped pecans, then melted butter. I'm trying blueberry next time because I know I would love it!!
Also, my mom & I were planning a ladies' luncheon today & decided to go with Stouffer's lasagna because most people don't know the difference. But boy, my family does!! We never ate those at home!
Great pics of the girls ( as always)!!
sounds yummy . . . love me some dump cake and net's zagna!
Have a great evening . . .
Smells good!!! And sure tastes better!
The girls look great in their first day of school! And you sound busy!!
Hugs
We make dump cake here too but we don't mix the butter and cake mix. We just put pats of butter all over the top!
ALL of your girls looks so pretty on their first day.
And did you say that you were alone? Imagine that :)
Your girls are beautiful.
I am jealous of your dinner menu, I know it was last week, but I am still jealous. It sounds divine.
Your three girls really look cute!
I'm impressed with your menu. Home made lasagna, bread, and dessert-wow!
I make muffins with a similar recipe. I just spoon in pie filling in the middle of each tin's batter, then fill with more batter. Blueberry is my kids favorite. I'll try your cake recipe!
Post a Comment