| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
Well, as you can see Christmas was fun at our house!
I have been gone most of the week at work and just generally keeping up with the house after a crazy week last week.
Christmas was a great time and we enjoyed having family to our house on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. We love having family gatherings at our house and we were blessed to have all but 2 brothers-in-law in attendance (one had to work and one was sick!). All 15 grandchildren made it on Christmas eve and Christmas day brought only 7 (and a much quieter day!).
Yes - we did get snow on Christmas day so we can say we had a white Christmas.
We will also have a white New Years!
Tonight we have a few friends coming over to ring in the New Year.
Tomorrow will bring the house back to normal was we take down all the Christmas stuff both inside and out. It will be cold getting the exterior lights down but with a few of us working it will be done in no time. The girls will not be happy but on Sunday they are going to clean their rooms (while I clean the upstairs and the basement). I did not clean the house this week and that will mean that Monday it will be REALLY bad. I have a dentist appointment too (yes, I'm giddy with excitement REALLY) so I will need to start on Sunday to get it all done. But it will be good to get everyone out of the house and back to school and work. It seems like they have been home forever. I love them but they need to keep themselves busy with things other than tv, computer and ipods :} Their minds need to be busy....with schoolwork ;}
We have not gotten their semester grades yet which I am very surprised by!
I really want to know how they all did - some of the final test scores have not yet been posted either - I hate that!
I don't really have much in the way of New Year's resolutions.
I do have to say that I am taking control of our grocery budget and will be cutting it in half.
Don't act shocked!
Really, we need to cut it in half!!
I have tracked the last three months and we have spent over $1,000 per month in groceries. That does not include eating out!
That is RIDICULOUS!
So, I have started going to CVS and earning bucks that can be spent later on things like toilet paper and other items. Today, I earned $4 just by purchasing 2 boxes of kleenex, 3 2 liters of Coke (for our party tonight), 2 Secret deodorants (hello, teenager daughters in the house!) and 1 tube of toothpaste (that I also had a coupon for - $1 cvs buck plus .75 coupon total cost of .24 cents!). Everything was on sale (buy one get one or had savings bucks included). It was kinda fun to see how much we saved! I am also looking for more coupons and will be shopping during the sales. I went to Aldi on Monday but I don't think I really saved anything plus it took me 20 minutes to get there so I don't think I'll be going back but will be doing the coupon thing instead. I may add Walgreen's to the mix but we will have to see. I'll keep up updated on our progress! And please don't feel sorry for the kids - there is plenty of fruit in the fridge that never seems to get touched yet they complain there is nothing to eat :}
If you have any grocery savings tips you would like to share, pass it along!
Hugs and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all!!!


2 comments:
I use a lot of internet coupons that I can just print when I need something. I also like to inventory what I have at home and make a menu using that, then I can just buy a few things for that menu like vegetables, pasta, seasoning, etc. It really saves money to deplete your in home food once a month. I also like to serve a meatless meal at least once a week-pasta, soup, pizza,... It's health and saves money. Good luck and keep us posted! i'd love to get some tips from you.
Happy New Year!!!
LOVE the pictures-what a bunch of cute kids!
The slideshow was great! Lots of kids in your family.
Good luck with the budgeting. I hope you are more successful than I am.
Post a Comment