Friday, February 12, 2010

Glad that is over!

We are watching the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics.
We find some of the things that they do very weird.
What is up with the Polar Bear scene?
Really?
Can't we just introduce the teams and call it a night?
OK, off my soapbox...

This week has been a blur.
I, for one, am glad that is it about over!

Remember me saying that I just wasn't feeling well on Tuesday and that I slept for the majority of the day?  Well, it continued into Wednesday.
I was having terrible abdominal pain that also went up my back.
I finally caved at 6pm and went to our local prompt care to see what was going on.
They referred me to the main ER.
Everything points to my gallbladder acting up.
My blood work and sonogram came back fine.
All I have to say is.....if I am fine, why was I having pain after I ate?
Last night I finally had no pain after eating.
Today I have been pain free too.
I am to stay away from fatty, greasy foods.
Yipee!
I go see my regular doctor on Tuesday morning.
I am hoping they refer me to a GI specialist.
I don't want to drag this out and keep having trouble.
I would prefer to plan out any hospital stays if at all possible :}

Gabby was finally able to get her prescription for her contacts and glasses.
She is also back to driving.
No glasses = no driving!
She only has a few weeks before she gets her license so she needs to work on driving my car.  She seems to be back in the swing of things.
She got the all clear from her wisdom teeth doctor today too.

I spent the morning loving on 6-12 month olds at church.
They were high maintenance today!
Lots of tears and poor Grady, just wanted to go to sleep.
I love that little guy!!

I spent the afternoon at work.
Those crazy heart shapes cakes were driving me over the edge.
We only have two of them so it was hard to keep up with the demands of Valentine's day with only two pans!  We made it through and we will see if I made enough cakes.
We don't want to make too many because nobody will buy them after Sunday. 
It was crazy busy all day and I finally got out of there about 5:15.

The girls have a volleyball tourney again this weekend so that is were we will be.
Next week will find me back to work on Monday to try to get caught up from the weekend.  I will be putting in many hours next week.

Right now, it is time to rest!

Hugs!!

2 comments:

ADMIN said...

jeanette, I agree-the opening ceremonies were a bit much.
I hope that you will be given an all clear from your doctor. Get well soon, you're just too nice to be sick!
I let my kids pick what they want for Valentine's Day treats and they both picked Cold Stone, not candy, so maybe we'll be buying a heart shaped cake!
Hooray for Gabby being back in the driver's seat!
Have a fun weekend.

j said...

I for one would LOVE one of your Valentine cakes. That sounds good!

Sorry your aren't feeling well. Keep pushing the doctors. If you want something done, it's up to YOU these days.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!