Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow & Softball

My goodness where has the week gone?

We seem to be seeing snow more and more frequently.
Today we had a snow day so the girls were home.
They are hoping for another day off tomorrow but I doubt it unless the wind picks up and starts blowing the snow around.
I spent much of my day sleeping.
It did not sleep well last night (up at 2 and 3) so I took two Benedryl and that pretty much knocked me out.
I woke up at 5:30 to answer the call from the school telling us school was cancelled.
My tummy started rolling so I took a Pepto told the girls there was no school and went back to bed.
I woke up about 10am and had breakfast then went back to bed until about 1pm to get my shower.
It felt good!
Not sure what is going on with my body this winter but I have had more trouble with my health.
Must be old age....

This past weekend the girls played in a softball tourney.



They played in the Dome.
It has astroturf and two fullsize softball diamonds inside.
Or they can have a soccer tourney.
They have played there before and they enjoy being able to play when there is snow on the ground
They were substitute players for the team as some of their girls were playing basketball for their high school teams.  They played well and their coach asked what it would take to get them to play for him this summer.  We are already committed to another team but will be looking at them for next year.
Sweet girls and good coaches - not always easy to come by!

This weekend brings a volleyball tournament so our weekend is booked full again.

We are still dealing with Gabby's eye infection issues.
Tomorrow she goes to another doctor who is a specialist.
He is going to take a look to see why her eye is still slightly inflammed.
We are really hoping that she can get a new prescription this week.
She can't use her contacts and her glasses prescription doesn't work for her any more.
She may only be able to wear her contacts during sporting events and have to wear her glasses for everything else.  Sadly, I think this all stems from her previous doctor not telling her how to properly take care of her contacts.  They helped her get them in an out but not how to take care of them.  Should she actually get to wear contacts again, I will help her to make sure she keeps them clean and germ free.

We are anxiously awaiting the start of the Olympics this weekend.
I love to watch curling.  I really got into it 4 years ago and think it is an interesting sport.
Time for me to get a few things done before bed.
Maybe even read my book club book....

Hugs!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly good that the girls can play inside, because outside is really not an option with all of this crazy freezy white stuff! The wind is howling tonight! Randy plowed when he got home tonight and you cannot even tell that he plowed. Yikes!

Sorry you are feeling lousy . . . sounds great to stay in bed! Hope you are feeling better.

What is curling?