Gabby is still recovering from getting her wisdom teeth out.
I am still laughing at her statements when she was in recovery.
She has been on a codeine high since yesterday and is seeming to enjoy it.
We will let her enjoy it for another day and then cut her off.
She will need to function in school on Monday!
I made a quick trip into work today to decorate a cake
(because I was with Gabby all day yesterday)
When I got home I washed Bill's car because it was a mess and we had a funeral to go to.
Bill's Aunt Florence went home to meet Jesus on Wednesday at the sweet age of 90. She went to sleep in her room and woke up to see Jesus. Isn't that an awesome way to die?
(not trying to be insensitive here!)
Her funeral was a wonderful celebration of her life.
When we got home we started working on our taxes and got them all done.
We are excited that we will get enough back to cover half of our property taxes.
GGGGGRRRRRR!
I hate the government using our money!
They are so irresponsible with it!!
The cold outside just makes me want to curl up in bed and sleep the rest of winter away. It was sunny today which we really enjoyed but that always means cold temps for us in the winter. It has me shivering and I'm downstairs with our little space heater on :}
Yesterday, there was a drug bust at school.
We are in a mostly upper middle class district with a wide range of kids (some kids with parents barely scraping by and some kids whose parents are both doctors).
With that comes the kids raiding mom and dad's medicine cabinet in search of drugs that they can sell and/or take. Unfortunately, the kids were all freshman and they are blaming everyone but themselves for the problem. They had the guts to post stuff on Facebook about knowing who their real friends are. And basically blaming whoever told on them. Yes, this is the generation they grew up in. It is never their fault and someone else is always to blame.
I simply told my girls (all three of them) that if they ever got in that kind of trouble at school that we would be homeschooling them and they wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom by themselves until they moved out of the house.
Yes, I like to put the fear of "MOM" into them every once in a while!
By the way, the contacts aren't working out.
Every time I put them in, my eyes start to itch and I have to take them out an hour later.
Guess I'll just have to use reading glasses for awhile.
At least I have not purchased a whole years worth of contacts yet!
Tomorrow will bring church and working on my bible study for Tuesday's class.
I am in a Precept class in the Old Testament. I love Precepts and am enjoying the Kings study. King Solomon was one wise dude!
Time for me to check on Gabs and get ready for bed.
Hugs!
I am still laughing at her statements when she was in recovery.
She has been on a codeine high since yesterday and is seeming to enjoy it.
We will let her enjoy it for another day and then cut her off.
She will need to function in school on Monday!
I made a quick trip into work today to decorate a cake
(because I was with Gabby all day yesterday)
When I got home I washed Bill's car because it was a mess and we had a funeral to go to.
Bill's Aunt Florence went home to meet Jesus on Wednesday at the sweet age of 90. She went to sleep in her room and woke up to see Jesus. Isn't that an awesome way to die?
(not trying to be insensitive here!)
Her funeral was a wonderful celebration of her life.
When we got home we started working on our taxes and got them all done.
We are excited that we will get enough back to cover half of our property taxes.
GGGGGRRRRRR!
I hate the government using our money!
They are so irresponsible with it!!
The cold outside just makes me want to curl up in bed and sleep the rest of winter away. It was sunny today which we really enjoyed but that always means cold temps for us in the winter. It has me shivering and I'm downstairs with our little space heater on :}
Yesterday, there was a drug bust at school.
We are in a mostly upper middle class district with a wide range of kids (some kids with parents barely scraping by and some kids whose parents are both doctors).
With that comes the kids raiding mom and dad's medicine cabinet in search of drugs that they can sell and/or take. Unfortunately, the kids were all freshman and they are blaming everyone but themselves for the problem. They had the guts to post stuff on Facebook about knowing who their real friends are. And basically blaming whoever told on them. Yes, this is the generation they grew up in. It is never their fault and someone else is always to blame.
I simply told my girls (all three of them) that if they ever got in that kind of trouble at school that we would be homeschooling them and they wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom by themselves until they moved out of the house.
Yes, I like to put the fear of "MOM" into them every once in a while!
By the way, the contacts aren't working out.
Every time I put them in, my eyes start to itch and I have to take them out an hour later.
Guess I'll just have to use reading glasses for awhile.
At least I have not purchased a whole years worth of contacts yet!
Tomorrow will bring church and working on my bible study for Tuesday's class.
I am in a Precept class in the Old Testament. I love Precepts and am enjoying the Kings study. King Solomon was one wise dude!
Time for me to check on Gabs and get ready for bed.
Hugs!

5 comments:
If you like the idea of contacts, don't give up. Maybe you just need a more hydrated one. Acuvue Oasys is great!!!!!!
I am using Acuvue Oasys and not liking them very much. Still working on wearing them longer than an hour :}
M daughter has Acuvue Oasys contacts, too. Her doctor recommended that she use Opti-Free replenish re-wetting drops to keep away itchiness. She uses them 2 x a day.
I am right with you about homeschooling the kids if the are ever involved in anything bad-immoral or illegal. The buck stops here-with Mom!
Guess what we're having for dessert tonight.
Cod Stone cake!
Have a nice week!
Are you sure that the contact solution you are using to soak them in isn't the problem? I had a problem when I switched from Bausch & Lomb to Opti-Free. The first day I wore them I was fine but after soaking them overnight in the Opti-Free my eyes would turn red and icky within an hour. Just a thought :)
I'm glad that you were able to rejoice even as you suffered a loss. Isn't our Faith a beautiful thing?
Have a great weekend Jeanette.
Post a Comment