This week has been a bit crazy.
Aren't they all?!
Last Friday I took the girls to get their eyes checked.
Abby's new glasses will be in on Friday.
Gabby has yet another double eye infection.
So she could not get her eyes checked
AND
she can't wear her contacts.
The problem.....
the place we used to go never showed her how to take care of her contacts.
She doesn't change the solution in her contact case.
EEEEEWWWWWW!
I would have thought this would be a natural thing to do but apparently not because another girl at school is having the same issues.
Aren't they all?!
Last Friday I took the girls to get their eyes checked.
Abby's new glasses will be in on Friday.
Gabby has yet another double eye infection.
So she could not get her eyes checked
AND
she can't wear her contacts.
The problem.....
the place we used to go never showed her how to take care of her contacts.
She doesn't change the solution in her contact case.
EEEEEWWWWWW!
I would have thought this would be a natural thing to do but apparently not because another girl at school is having the same issues.
Our old eye doctor annoyed me the last time we went in and I decided I would not go back. He was ALWAYS right and whatever I said was wrong. "She had pink eye" "No she didn't" "If she didn't have pink eye then why did the medicine her peditrician put her on take care of the problem" "Well it was an antibiotic I'm sure but she didn't have pink eye"
To quote my kids.....
WHATEVER!
Anyway, he refuses to give our new doctor our records.
That is another story for another time.
I'll be paying them a visit and I will be getting our records even if I have to raise my voice!
ahem.....
Gabby had a recheck on Tuesday and I had to get my eyes checked.
I have been having some trouble the last few months.
It seems that my arms aren't long enough :}
My new doctor suggested that I not buy a new pair of glasses but instead keep the pair I had and purchase a pair of reading glasses. He also suggested contacts would be more convenient. So for the first time in my life, I am wearing contacts.
Today was my first day wearing them.
I did pretty good getting them in and out.
My eyes did get a bit itchy about noon but I kept them in and will decided by next Tuesday if it is something that I want to deal with. How sad is it that I will resort to anything to keep from showing my age :}
We were back to the doctor today to recheck the eyes and he prescribed her a steroid to go along with the antibiotic. He wanted to see her again on Friday but she is getting her wisdom teeth out (heaven help us!) so she will not be in any shape to go to the eye doctor. He is going to call us to see how she is doing! How is that for service??
He will see her next Tuesday and hopefully she will look much better.
I have had to cram my work days as full as possible to keep from going in on Friday. Yesterday I built all the cakes I need for the week and today and I decorated as much as I could. Tomorrow we will make cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches (NEW ITEM ALERT!) and will finished decorating 4 cakes and 2 pies. They have a new ice cream so for those of you that love dark chocolate they have come out with Dark Chocolate Strawberry ice cream. I am not a dark chocolate lover so it is not my favorite but it will be good to see how it goes over!
Psych is on so I gotta run!
Hugs :}
To quote my kids.....
WHATEVER!
Anyway, he refuses to give our new doctor our records.
That is another story for another time.
I'll be paying them a visit and I will be getting our records even if I have to raise my voice!
ahem.....
Gabby had a recheck on Tuesday and I had to get my eyes checked.
I have been having some trouble the last few months.
It seems that my arms aren't long enough :}
My new doctor suggested that I not buy a new pair of glasses but instead keep the pair I had and purchase a pair of reading glasses. He also suggested contacts would be more convenient. So for the first time in my life, I am wearing contacts.
Today was my first day wearing them.
I did pretty good getting them in and out.
My eyes did get a bit itchy about noon but I kept them in and will decided by next Tuesday if it is something that I want to deal with. How sad is it that I will resort to anything to keep from showing my age :}
We were back to the doctor today to recheck the eyes and he prescribed her a steroid to go along with the antibiotic. He wanted to see her again on Friday but she is getting her wisdom teeth out (heaven help us!) so she will not be in any shape to go to the eye doctor. He is going to call us to see how she is doing! How is that for service??
He will see her next Tuesday and hopefully she will look much better.
I have had to cram my work days as full as possible to keep from going in on Friday. Yesterday I built all the cakes I need for the week and today and I decorated as much as I could. Tomorrow we will make cupcakes, ice cream sandwiches (NEW ITEM ALERT!) and will finished decorating 4 cakes and 2 pies. They have a new ice cream so for those of you that love dark chocolate they have come out with Dark Chocolate Strawberry ice cream. I am not a dark chocolate lover so it is not my favorite but it will be good to see how it goes over!
Psych is on so I gotta run!
Hugs :}

3 comments:
Wow you are busy. I hope Gabby eye infection gets better and good luck today with the Wisdom teeth.
That Ice Cream sounds so good.
We just changed eye doctors, too. Bella just got contacts, Nick got new glasses-he refuses to even try contacts, hubby got new glasses, and I am doing fine, except for the teeny print on the bottom of Tylenol, which made me use a magnifier. I may be needing reading glasses soon! Does Gabby change both her case and solution every night?
She should have got 2 contact lens cases with her contacts, and you need to buy new cases every 3 months, but our doctor said every month is better. Ypu probably know all this, so-
Congrats on your contacts!
You go get your records! The NERVE of that doctor to not release your records!! You are a redhead, aren't you? :)
Post a Comment