Friday, March 12, 2010

Today is My Birthday!

That is right.
Today I celebrate my birthday.
My 43rd to be exact.

I was wished many happy birthdays.
The favorite, of course, is my dad calling and singing Happy Birthday in his most off key voice.

Can I say....

It.
is.
AWFUL!

And he knows it :}

This call was followed by my dear older sister, Julie and lastly my dear younger sister, Janeie.
She had her class at school sing happy birthday.  It was very sweet and made my day!

I got to go love on my Mops babies at church (6-12 months) and then had lunch with my girlfriend.

I took the day off work and totally enjoyed having the day to do whatever I wanted.

Of course, laundry still needed to be done and alas, spring cleaning is still not complete.  So I came home from lunch and worked on cleaning the sunroom and was actually washing windows while the rain came down.  I really don't care that the rain soaked my washed windows because at least I can see the rain!  The screens still need washed and put back in but that will wait for another day. 

I asked for one thing from the girls.
30 minutes of their time tomorrow to help me clean the kitchen.
They all happily agreed.
I'm thrilled!!
Do you know what 4 of us can do in 30 minutes?!

I did start working on the kitchen tonight but called it quits to have some dinner and birthday cake.  I brought a cake home from work.  I know I should have ordered one somewhere but let's face it.  Coldstone is the best kind of cake and I really didn't want to buy one from Kroger or Walmart.  They just aren't as good.  So I not only bought my own birthday cake, but I made it too! 

Bill is taking my out to dinner tomorrow night at a local steakhouse.
It is SO GOOD!
He also picked up some goodies at Brighton.
He is good to me :}

Tomorrow brings haircuts for the girls and we will be looking at some vehicles for Gabby.  She has been driving mine and that is fine but she needs a vehicle of her own.  She will start working at Coldstone shortly and will need to get right from school to work.  She is excited about both!

Tonight we are watching high school basketball state finals.
They play right here in Peoria.
It is always exciting to see local high schools beat
the big boys from Chicago.
We really don't like Chicago :}
We like the city itself but would love to make it the 51st state - simply too much dirty politics!

Time for me to eat some cake so I'm going to call it a night.

Hugs all!!

2 comments:

ADMIN said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope that you have a wonderful dinner out with your hubby. Celebrate!

j said...

Aw! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. Glad your girls came through for you.

Similarly, I made my kiddos help me tidy up some before their Birthday boy Dad comes home this evening. Easier to celebrate in a tidy house.

Have a great weekend Jeanette!