Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring cleaning

I always get excited this time of year.
I get to start spring cleaning.
It seems to take me FORVER to get it all done.
But I love it when I am done.

The house will smell like summer!

Today I tackled the master bedroom and the master closet.
The master bath will have to wait another day or two.

Before I started my cleaning, I needed to fix my carpet cleaner.
It lost its suck.
So I googled the problem and
BAM
grab the duct tape,
tape the suction hose back together
and get to work.
Worked like a charm this morning.

Tomorrow I am going to tackle Abby's room.
She will be home so she can tell me how she wants her room rearranged.
Plus she doesn't have a ton of furniture so it is easier to get everything cleaned.

I'll be tackling the ironning too.
We don't want Bill going to work nakey next week.
That would be bad!

Gabby & Edris are out to dinner and a movie tonight.
I am always happy to get the girls out of the house for awhile.
It is good for them to have some fun with their friends.

In softball news....
Gabby made varsity again
and
Abby made JV.
They are both happy and enjoying their teams and new coaches.

Our garage door opener is causing some trouble.
The sensors seem to be shorting out.
Sometimes, it works and sometimes it doesn't.
So, I will be looking for a new set of sensors.
Heaven forbid you are able to just replace the wiring.
That would be way too easy and much cheaper!
Seems like everything is falling apart around here
except for my kitchen appliances that I would love to replace
but Bill won't let me.
Something about it being a waste to replace appliances that are working.
I can't remember exactly.

I decided that dinner would be Quizno's.
And because of my frustrating day.
(it didn't take much for me to be frustrated today!)
Coldstone for dessert.

Now, I'm ready to curl up on the couch and relax for the rest of the evening.
The dryer will be running until we go to bed.

Wish I could sleep in tomorrow.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you are done with your spring cleaning, I could use a little fall, winter and spring cleaning at my house! Your duster will be waiting . . . hint, hint, hint.

Love ya

ADMIN said...

Whatever keeps you going like this, I need some!
Have a fun weekend cleaning and send some of your motivation my way please.

j said...

I have EVERYTHING to do around here. Maybe tomorrow.

Your supper and dessert sound yummy!

Congrats to your girls on making the teams. We've been practicing ball a BUNCH lately. It keeps us very busy.