Sunday, May 16, 2010

School, Avatar, Softball and Prayers

We are finally wrapping up the last two weeks of school.
Our girls are anxious to be done.
Finals start a week from Tuesday.
Study packets are coming home and being worked on little by little.

Edris is getting ready to head home.
She leaves on June 7th.
She must keep focused in her studies to end the semester well!
Hard to do when you are thinking of home and saying goodbye to friends here....

Abby is ready to start driving.
Gabby is ready to sleep in!
AAAAHHHHH!
WAIT!
Abby is ready to start driving?!
Do we really have to go through that again?!
At least we kinda know what to expect.

Poor Edris will have to endure yet another new driver!
At least she is a good sport about it :}

I finally watched Avatar last night.
It was ok.
Predictable.
I was unimpressed with the language that was used.
Do they really have to curse in EVERY movie?!
I know everybody is gaga over the "graphics" or whatever you wanna call them, I just didn't think it was that big of a deal but maybe I just wasn't that into the movie.  It wasn't one that I just had to see either.  I had zero interest in it from the beginning of all the excitement. 
You can call me a rebel :}

My Crimson Tide won the SEC softball championship yesterday.
They go on to play regionals and hopefully they will win the college softball world series.
ROLL TIDE!

Would you please pray for our Pastor?
His daddy went to be with Jesus on Friday.
He loved the Lord and showed it everyday.
He had been in poor health but it is always hard to lose a parent!
If you think about it, would you pray for the Boerckel family?
They will greatly miss their husband, dad, uncle, brother and grandpa.
We are so thankful for Pastor Ritch.
Bless him that he preached this morning after losing his hero on Friday.
I don't know many men that could do that!

Our prayers are with you dear ones!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the obituary in the paper. Sad and Precious at the same time. A Christian Going Home is soooo amazing and never the end of life, I believe it is just the beginning!
The loss is unbearable for family members left behind.

Your countdown sounds like it is going reasonably well.

I head back to work on M,W,F next week . . . excited for the most part - at least for now.

Talk to you soon!