Dear Department of Motor Vehicles,
I know that you probably have a very long line of people that would like your attention.
So, with that in mind you could have chosen to take your time in issuing the newest drivers permits. This would not have caused parents any dismay whatsoever. In fact, we would have happily granted you an extra fee to help pay down the debt that our state is currently in. We would exchange that fee for at least an extra week of keeping our children off the road. This would surely ensure the safety of all pedestrians both on and off the street.
You have no idea the chaos that you have caused in granting these permits.
Church parking lots all over the area are being inundated with first time drivers and parents that are in continual prayer for their lives. Thus the need to drive in church parking lots!
May I end this letter by saying that in all of my days I have never seen or experienced the speed to which these permits were issued and expect that further permits will be issued in the slow turtle speed to which we are accustomed. As tax paying citizens, we are simply asking for the same service that you have given in the past.
Sincerely,
A concerned, prayerful and terrified parent
(as you may have guessed, Abby received her permit this week. we could have gone another year without another driver in the family but as it is we have no choice - 2 hours down 48 to go!)
So, with that in mind you could have chosen to take your time in issuing the newest drivers permits. This would not have caused parents any dismay whatsoever. In fact, we would have happily granted you an extra fee to help pay down the debt that our state is currently in. We would exchange that fee for at least an extra week of keeping our children off the road. This would surely ensure the safety of all pedestrians both on and off the street.
You have no idea the chaos that you have caused in granting these permits.
Church parking lots all over the area are being inundated with first time drivers and parents that are in continual prayer for their lives. Thus the need to drive in church parking lots!
May I end this letter by saying that in all of my days I have never seen or experienced the speed to which these permits were issued and expect that further permits will be issued in the slow turtle speed to which we are accustomed. As tax paying citizens, we are simply asking for the same service that you have given in the past.
Sincerely,
A concerned, prayerful and terrified parent
(as you may have guessed, Abby received her permit this week. we could have gone another year without another driver in the family but as it is we have no choice - 2 hours down 48 to go!)

5 comments:
she is moving right along on her hours . . .
how are your nerves?
hugs and love
Having two teenage sons driving at the same time, my prayer life has increased two fold! HA! I remember when they were little guys and I though life was hard...that was NOTHING!! Hang in there!
Jeanette, that is nerve-wracking!
I can't imagine how I'll stay sane when my two start driving.
Hang in there and use it to your advantage somehow.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Breathe deep to control your nerves.
I'm nervous already and I still have 2 years left before getting there.
Abby is a good girl. She'll be careful!
Hugs from Madrid
I'm thinkin' Abby is probably pretty happy? BIG step for her.
Post a Comment