Thursday, June 3, 2010

So Proud!

The girls have been out of school exactly 1 week.
We are still waiting for report cards to be delivered.
We may be waiting awhile!
It seems that the computers are down at the high school and thus they can not print the report cards.  This has caused great stress as Edris was hoping to get hers before she leaves on Monday.  It looks like we will be sending most of her paperwork after she leaves.  I pray this is not a problem later!

Edris has started to pack.
We purchased the space saver bags and they really work!
I checked her progress today and almost everything fits in one suitcase.  I have no idea how much it weighs but I'm just thrilled that everything that she wants to take home will make it without having to send an extra box.  I did not think that was possible!
Rosa, fair warning here!!!
I would stand back when openning the suitcases and then the bags.  I think they will burst open if you are not careful :}

Tonight was awards night at school.
I know that school has been out a week but most of our spring sports go beyond school and their post season play continues until they lose.
Our last game was last Saturday.
We lost....

Anyway, we received a note from the school on Tuesday that Gabby had made the All Conference 1st team.  All the coaches in our conference get together and decide who the best players are in the area.  They chose 1st team, 2nd team and 3rd team.  We did not tell Gabby that she made the All Conference team.  She found out tonight when they called her name - she was the only softball player from her school to make 1st team.  She was so excited and we are SO proud!  She works so hard and her diligence has paid off.  We are going to a banquet in honor of all the 1st team All Conference kids from all sports on Sunday night.  She just started slapping left handed this year and was really discouraged early in the season because she wasn't "getting" it and her batting average was pretty low.  But once she got it she could bunt and slap left handed or hit for power right handed.  She will be working on batting for power left handed this summer.  If she gets that down, she has a good chance at playing in college.

Anyway, we are proud of our girl and pray that she remembers that she plays for an audience of One and that she doesn't have to play to make us happy or proud but that her Father in Heaven is watching all that she does and when she plays for His glory, it pleases Him.

Way to go Gabby girl!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to Go Gabs!!! I am proud of you!

R said...

Bravo Gabby!!! Well done!. Hard work shows sooner or later. I'm proud of you.
I'm amazed you're fitting all of Edris stuff in ONE suitcase. I'll let you know how the unpacking goes!
Lots of love from Madrid

Kris said...

Praise God! Way to use the talent God has given you for His glory! Congrats Gabby!

ADMIN said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations to Gabby and to her proud parents!