While doing my last load of laundry on Monday, my dryer started making an awful noise. So, regardless of what you have seen on tv....I had to call the Maytag man. I'm not really sure how he finds time to make commercials because he usually spends most of his time at my house.
Anyway, I gave The Man a call and he came by yesterday.
I didn't even have to give him my address.
(Probably because I know the man that owns the appliance center and love him dearly!)
He came by and didn't even have to open up the dryer to know what was wrong.
Doctors could learn so much from this man!
Immediately he knew that the bearings, rollers and belt need to be replaced.
Hummmmmm.
Anyway, I gave The Man a call and he came by yesterday.
I didn't even have to give him my address.
(Probably because I know the man that owns the appliance center and love him dearly!)
He came by and didn't even have to open up the dryer to know what was wrong.
Doctors could learn so much from this man!
Immediately he knew that the bearings, rollers and belt need to be replaced.
Hummmmmm.
All that just by listening....
He did get around to opening up the dryer and continued to let it run and found that the blower fan was also bad.
His diagnosis was that it was going to cost way more than we would want to spend on an 11 year old dryer.
And he was right.
In his diagnosis, he also let me know that I really should not use liquid detergent or liquid fabric softner as they both contain animal fat that gum up the machines.
Um, ok but I was told to not use softner sheets because they coat the dryer sensor and cause problems. He quickly had a solution.....use that dryer bar that just came out. It works great!
OK??
We then got to talking about my other Maytag appliances I was told that having a water softner was terrible for the dishwasher because it causes the racks to rust.
What?!
My mom's dishwasher racks rusted and she doesn't have a water softner.
Maybe it is just because water runs through it all the time and then it is closed up without much ventilation and therefore the inside stays damp causing the rust?
Now lastly, always buy the extended warranty.
OK, Mr. Maytag Man
I did!
Along with a new LG dryer :}
(That matches my 4 year old LG washer that replaced my 6 (yes that is six!) year old Maytag Neptune)
So, there you have it!
If you have any questions, just call The Man and he will answer all your questions ;}
He did get around to opening up the dryer and continued to let it run and found that the blower fan was also bad.
His diagnosis was that it was going to cost way more than we would want to spend on an 11 year old dryer.
And he was right.
In his diagnosis, he also let me know that I really should not use liquid detergent or liquid fabric softner as they both contain animal fat that gum up the machines.
Um, ok but I was told to not use softner sheets because they coat the dryer sensor and cause problems. He quickly had a solution.....use that dryer bar that just came out. It works great!
OK??
We then got to talking about my other Maytag appliances I was told that having a water softner was terrible for the dishwasher because it causes the racks to rust.
What?!
My mom's dishwasher racks rusted and she doesn't have a water softner.
Maybe it is just because water runs through it all the time and then it is closed up without much ventilation and therefore the inside stays damp causing the rust?
Now lastly, always buy the extended warranty.
OK, Mr. Maytag Man
I did!
Along with a new LG dryer :}
(That matches my 4 year old LG washer that replaced my 6 (yes that is six!) year old Maytag Neptune)
So, there you have it!
If you have any questions, just call The Man and he will answer all your questions ;}

3 comments:
They don't make them like the used to years and years ago. Everything is disposable these days . . . including that Maytag man! lol
I agree with Julie, they don't make 'em like they used too!! I laughed when I read that he didn't even ask for your address....that is pretty bad!!! HA!
I just got a new washer and dryer and am loving them dearly! My old dryer was still going strong, but I wanted a nice and modernized one. Congrats on your LG!
Post a Comment