Thursday, July 22, 2010

Nothin' and stuff

I got nothin'.

Total writers block!

Here's the run down.

We are still playing softball (just be done already!)
Gabby has flag camp this week for band.
Abby mowed the grass and helped me at work.
We are dog sitting Suzie (Gabby's boyfriend's dog).
She is a good dog but we will not be replacing her when she goes home!
Cakes at work are flying out the door - we have taken to putting wings on the cases ;}
We are just about ready to finalize our vacation plans - FINALLY!
We have become addicted to at least one new show.
Covert Affairs on Tuesday nights on USA.
Good show!

Gabby has been having tummy troubles.
I think she has acid reflux but she has some other symptoms that don't match.
She is taking acid relievers and writing a food diary.
I made hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill this week.
After eating a hot dog, she didn't feel well.
The next day for lunch she decided to have another hot dog.
She again didn't feel well.
Does anybody else have this problem?
I didn't feel good the first time I ate that so I'm going to try it again?
Ding bat!
Her doctor will keep checking in on her.

I have been cooking this week.
That is a new development!
We have spent so much time at the softball diamonds that I haven't been cooking very much.  This week I have made up for it and have even made some peanut butter cookies and some apple dump cake.  YUMMO!

Peanut butter cookies recipe:

1 C Peanut butter
1 C Sugar
1 egg

Mix and bake at 350.
I usually bake for about 8 minutes but I like them gooey.
You can add Reese's bits or the tiny Reese's peanut butter cups if you want to.
I usually double the recipe because they are SO good and I eat about half the batter :}

Dump cake recipe:

2 cans your fav fruit pie flavor (I love cherry but Abby wanted apple)
1 stick of butter softened
1 box yellow cake mix

Dump the 2 cans of fruit into a 9 x 13 pan
Mix the butter and cake mix
Dump on top of fruit.
Bake at 350 until the cake on top is slightly browned.
Serve with ice cream or by itself.
All the "dumping" is how it got its name.

Time to get into my pj's and curl up with my blanket and book.

Hugs!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are staying busy. what is up with Gab's tummy . . . isn't it cast iron like Bill's?

Hmmmmmm

Glad Abby is helping you.