Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Softball season is over

Is it really Wednesday?
Sheesh...
I gotta get you people caught up!

Monday, I decided that we needed a day for just the girls.
They had chiropractor appointments early and then Gabby had to get a tooth filled.
She dropped Abby off at Walmart to help me finish grocery shopping before heading to the dentist.
We got home, put the groceries away and started cleaning the house.
I wanted to get the upstairs cleaned before we left.
We made a "quick" stop off at the mall to see what they had in the way of homecoming dresses.  They were having a nice sell and we got 3 dress and a pair of shoes for under $100!
Gabby could not decided between 2 so she bought 1 and I bought the other.
She is happy she splurged and spent $20 on a dress :}
After shopping we headed over to my sister's house to go swimming.
Her boys got their suits on and we had a ball!
SO. MUCH. FUN!
Julie and Kate got home and joined us at the pool.
The girls were quickly thinking that a jetski ride was in order so off they went.
They had a great time and Gabby announced that "we need to get a lake!"
I would settle for a pool but we all know that is not going to happen....
Thanks JuJu!!!!

This week our girls finished their softball season.
They qualified to play in the "World Series" and we chose to stay in the area.
10 minutes from home to be exact.
I'm glad we did.
Yesterday we started pool play and won both games.
This morning we lost our first tournament game.
It being double elimination we got to play another game before losing and going home.
I'm not upset about the season being over as this week was in addition to our original schedule.  I'm sure in a few weeks I will be missing the time spent at the ball fields.

Because I am still frustrated with some of the antics the occured this year on the ball field I will end it here and not elaborate.  I will just say that the girls are anxious to see who they will play for next year.  We have at least 2 teams that are interested in both girls.  Gabby has a possibility of playing on an "elite" team and she will be excited if that opportunity becomes available.

School starts in 3 weeks.
We need to fit one more trip to the pool before that time!

2 comments:

ADMIN said...

Enjoy the rest of the summer. It sure is going fast! Cross Country has already started here and Nick is not liking practice in the heat. Congrats to your girls on a great soft ball season!
We have been hitting Cold Stone a few times a week and I always think of you!

j said...

We miss the softball season so much. I'm sorry that things were not as good as you would like and I hope it all works our for the best for your girls.