Last week Gabby had band camp.
The poor kids just about melted!
Here are some pictures from their last day.
They performed for the parents...




The poor kids just about melted!
Here are some pictures from their last day.
They performed for the parents...
They were happy to be done!
And are thankful that camp wasn't this week :}
Can you say HOT, HUMID & MISERABLE?!
We had a wonderful thunderstorm this morning but it did not make things any cooler.
School starts on August 18th.
The girls are ready.
I am ready.
School supplies have been purchased.
Gabby decided to not play volleyball this year.
She decided she did not need the extra pressure on top of marching band and physics class!
She actually has nothing to do for the next week.
Except help me with whatever I ask of her :}
Abby has volleyball tryouts start tomorrow and go through Friday.
From 8-12 and then 1-3.
It is completely RIDICULOUS!
These kids are in high school.
Sophomores to be exact.
They are not Pro's or in college.
I just pray that the coaches remember that the heat index will be over 100 all week and that they need to rest and hydrate the kids alot with the heat.
Today Gabby and I went to help a friend paint.
She and her husband have been looking for a house for about 4 years.
They were very patient and waited for the house that was perfect for them.
They have lived in an apartment for the last 5 years.
All the waiting paid off!
They have an adorable house with great curb appeal.
Their landlord offered them extra money if they could move out this weekend.
So, instead of taking their time getting the house painted they had to move into high gear.
We got 1 bedroom primed and painted and another bedroom painted in the span of 3 hours.
It is amazing what you can get done with 3 people working on one room!
Abby spent her day at home.
Enjoying her last day of summer vacation because of the afore mentioned vball tryouts starting tomorrow!
Did you hear that?!
It sounds like another thunderstorm is moving through.
That means that I need to get relaxed on the couch with my book :}
Bye!
ps - can anyone tell me what the phrase "this one time at band camp" means??

3 comments:
I am as lost as you are about these little sayings! lol
Certainly hope everyone stays cool and safe!
Love and Hugs!
Hi Jeanette!
I agree that coaches overdo the practices and try-outs. My son's track coach expects them at practice - in the summer- for 4 hours every afternoon and 3 hours for 2 mornings a week. It's hot! It's also summer break. I told the coach that although son would love tp participate daily, he could only make it 3 times a week. I hope that Abby takes it easy and doesn't overdo it. Whatever happened to fun in sports? It's all so serious and competitive now! How about this - "This one time at track Bobo fell down and pretended he was asleep." Hilarious!
Cool pics! Since I know that she is such a great softball player, she LOOKS like a softball player. She could use that flag and jack a ball right out of the... um.. stadium.
:)
Very nice of you to help your friend paint.
Post a Comment