So, all of the sudden it is colder than "a well diggers foot in a klondike" outside.
I don't really know what that means but my dad says it all the time in reference to cold so I'm going with it!
Last week it was gorgeous.
My windows were open and my ceiling fans were on.
Tonight, I have turned on the fireplace and my furnace will kick on sometime in the night.
(I try every year to make it to 11/1 before turning on my furnace. I was so close!)
You would think that I would be used to this weather in Illinois.
I don't really know what that means but my dad says it all the time in reference to cold so I'm going with it!
Last week it was gorgeous.
My windows were open and my ceiling fans were on.
Tonight, I have turned on the fireplace and my furnace will kick on sometime in the night.
(I try every year to make it to 11/1 before turning on my furnace. I was so close!)
You would think that I would be used to this weather in Illinois.
But this October has been extremely warm and wonderful! We made it through all our band competitions without freezing our tails off. Every football game with the exception of 1, was warm and pleasant. That 1 was warm but a little rainy.
As I type it is 38 degrees.
The low tonight is going to be in the 20's.
I'm not ready for this yet.
I need more than three 50 degree days in order to get me prepared for the colder temps. Like three or four weeks worth of 50 degree days!
This weekend is our first weekend off in at least a month. I can't wait to sleep in. And when I say sleep in, I mean sleep in. My blackout curtains keep our bedroom pitch dark and we can sleep until 10am. That, my friends, would be a slice of heaven. I will jump on the treadmill for my run, take a nice long hot shower, put on my comfy sweatshirt and yoga pants, and turn on college game day to watch some college football. Sometime during the afternoon I will probably fall asleep because sleeping until 10am was not enough sleep and I will need to nap for at least 2 hours. We will end the day with some piping hot chili that has been cooking in the crock pot all afternoon. This is what I consider to be a PERFECT fall day! This will make up for the 5:30am Saturdays that we have been having. And I think you will agree, we deserve it!
What are your plans for the weekend??
Hugs,
Jeanette
As I type it is 38 degrees.
The low tonight is going to be in the 20's.
I'm not ready for this yet.
I need more than three 50 degree days in order to get me prepared for the colder temps. Like three or four weeks worth of 50 degree days!
This weekend is our first weekend off in at least a month. I can't wait to sleep in. And when I say sleep in, I mean sleep in. My blackout curtains keep our bedroom pitch dark and we can sleep until 10am. That, my friends, would be a slice of heaven. I will jump on the treadmill for my run, take a nice long hot shower, put on my comfy sweatshirt and yoga pants, and turn on college game day to watch some college football. Sometime during the afternoon I will probably fall asleep because sleeping until 10am was not enough sleep and I will need to nap for at least 2 hours. We will end the day with some piping hot chili that has been cooking in the crock pot all afternoon. This is what I consider to be a PERFECT fall day! This will make up for the 5:30am Saturdays that we have been having. And I think you will agree, we deserve it!
What are your plans for the weekend??
Hugs,
Jeanette

2 comments:
I hope you get to sleep and relax all weekend.
This weekend the kids are going to Halloween parties-one is all boys-one is all girls- and we are also going to shop for a new guitar for Bella. I always seem to be shopping for the kids..
I hope to spend some quality time watching a little TV and maybe will spend some time in the park with hubby and the kids at the tennis courts Saturday. ( if it is not windy)
Stay warm and eat some Halloween candy!
It is colder than a Well Diggers Foot in a Klondike! I totally agree!
I am not ready for the winter yet either!
This morning I am down 39.4 lbs - all within two months time. From April, I am down just shy of 60 lbs. So, I am still chugging along!
Have a great and relaxing weekend!
Post a Comment