Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Volley for the Cure

Tonight was Volley for the Cure.
The teams put baskets together to be raffled or auctioned off.
They sold pick t-shirts.
They wore pink t-shirts and pink socks.
They played with pink volleyballs.
The refs had pink whistles.
There were pink tutus and even some pink hair!

The treat table had pink rice crispy treats and volleyball cookies.
Tickets were purchased and pledges were made.

We waited with baited breath to see if we would win.
We did!
Abby's team put together a beauty basket with tons of cool stuff!
I claimed the Hershey's candy bar (because chocolate IS part of my beauty regimen!).  I also claimed the peppermint scented & shea-infused lounge socks.  The socks had these instuctions....

Tumble-dry low.  Do not iron.
Really?
I shouldn't iron my socks?!
Dang!
I was looking forward to adding them to my ironing pile :}

On to other news.....

Marching band is continuing to eat up our Saturdays.
This past weekend we were about an hour away.
The school literally sits in the middle of miles and miles of cornfields.
The wind was brutal to the poor flag girls.
But we triumped and won Grand Champion plus 1st place for parade, percussion and flags.  Next weekend is on to some tougher competition and we are praying that the kids can pull off a clean show.  Their theme this year is Revolution & Triumph and I have to say it is pretty cool!  I will let you know how they do.

Sunday the girls had a small softball round robin with their softball team for next summer.
They won all three games and did pretty well overall.
The girls played with some of the girls 2 years ago and loved the team.
They are excited to be back playing with girls that are pretty much drama free (and so are we!)

Time for me to chill and enjoy some down time.

Hugs all!

2 comments:

ADMIN said...

Scented socks! That is the height of glam.

Anonymous said...

Boy girl, you are SPOILED!!! The only kind of scented socks we have around here are the scenty of NASTY!