People have been crazy this past week.
We get calls like:
"We need a large rectangle (1/2 sheet cake) in 1 hour. Can you do it?"
When we tell them NO they get all upset and mouthy.
People really expect you to drop everything to service them.
Why should we?
Others plan ahead and know what they need and when they need it.
Why do others think we should bow down to them and do as they demand?
I have worked with customers for many years but I have to say I have NEVER had this much trouble with them. The last time I had a face to face issue with a customer I asked her one question.
"Does your daughter's birthdate change every year like Thanksgiving and Easter?"
She looked at me like I was stupid (which I fully expected as I believe she was a few fries short of a happy meal!) and said
"No, it is always on the same date!"
My reply:
"Then why can't you remember to order her birthday cake?"
That shut her up real quick and she decided to just get a cake out of our display case.
There was no apology for treating us poorly.
Just a "I'll just take this one if you won't make me what I want!"
And out the door she went.
Still making us feel like her error was our fault.
OK, stepping off my soapbox now....
I feel much better getting that off my chest!
Headed upstairs to wash my face and put on my pj's.
Hugs,
Jeanette
We get calls like:
"We need a large rectangle (1/2 sheet cake) in 1 hour. Can you do it?"
When we tell them NO they get all upset and mouthy.
People really expect you to drop everything to service them.
Why should we?
Others plan ahead and know what they need and when they need it.
Why do others think we should bow down to them and do as they demand?
I have worked with customers for many years but I have to say I have NEVER had this much trouble with them. The last time I had a face to face issue with a customer I asked her one question.
"Does your daughter's birthdate change every year like Thanksgiving and Easter?"
She looked at me like I was stupid (which I fully expected as I believe she was a few fries short of a happy meal!) and said
"No, it is always on the same date!"
My reply:
"Then why can't you remember to order her birthday cake?"
That shut her up real quick and she decided to just get a cake out of our display case.
There was no apology for treating us poorly.
Just a "I'll just take this one if you won't make me what I want!"
And out the door she went.
Still making us feel like her error was our fault.
OK, stepping off my soapbox now....
I feel much better getting that off my chest!
Headed upstairs to wash my face and put on my pj's.
Hugs,
Jeanette

3 comments:
Must simply be the way the world is going around right now . . . we are getting them too!
I hope that you feel better now that you got that off your chest!
I guess that fast food has made people think that everything should be ready when they want it.
I hope you have a better week!
HAHAHA!! I have had a lot of soap box moments as of late!! Yes, people are crazy and most of them live around me! HA!
Post a Comment