Saturday, August 30, 2008

And the Winner IS ..............

I know you have been waiting with baited breath. What did she decide? What phone was it? Which did she choose? It had to be the voyager or was it the glyde? Well, girls, it was neither.

drum roll, please......................................

And the winner is.......the Motorola Moto Q9C. It had everything that I wanted AND was made well. I am waiting for it to be delivered. It was cheaper for me to order it through the verizon wireless website than it was for me to pick it up at the store. Not a bad phone for under $60 AND I can go online if I want to on a pay as you use option. Odds are, I won't use it anyway.

Gabby is getting her new phone today. She decided on the Voyager (she got to pay for it too as she did not want one of the free phones - guess they weren't good enough) and it was to be delivered yesterday. I stayed home all day waiting for it to be delivered and knowing that she would love for it to be working when she got home from volleyball practice. My hubs got home and I headed out to Abby's double header in a town about 40 minutes away. Hubs went to get Gab's from practice and guess who tryied to deliver in the 15 minutes that no one was home? You got it - Fedex. Do they have a sixth sense? How do they know to deliver at 6pm when you won't be home on a Friday night?! So......I'll be heading over to the Fedex facility about 10 minutes away to pick it up today. She spent the night with a friend so I'll go pick it up before I pick her up. She has a parade today so she has to be back at school by noon.

We have also decided on our next vacation. For the last year we have been trying to decide where to go. We don't do vacations every year because we just can't get away every year. So we go about every two or three years. Yes, this is a LONG time between vacations but when we do go, we usually spend a lot of money and we just could not do that EVERY year. Would we go to the Dominican Republic (we heard this was a great place to vacation), a cruise, Maui, or just head down to Sanibel Island in Florida, maybe even Disney one last time? We have been trying to decide for the last 9 months. Our only time to get away and not interfere with school and sports activities is during Christmas break. This is frustrating for me because I would just love to head out during the summer and go some place fun in the summer. The hubs says, no, the girls have committed to these activities and they aren't going to miss.

So, being the submissive wife that I am, uuuuummmmmmmmmm

---clear throat here-----

OK, so I need work in that area.

We have decided to go to ........

...........


Hey, if it is good enough for the Super Bowl Champs, who are we to judge? We just must have REALLY good taste! This will be the girls 2nd time. I know they will enjoy it more this time as they are 7 years older. It was the only vacation that we looked at that fit into the budget. I am hoping that before we head home, we will be able to spend a few days at the beach. I know it will probably be too cold to actually get in but the girls would love to see the beach. Gabby was just a baby when we were last at the Pacific ocean and Abby has never sent it. We have a full two weeks if we want to stay down there longer. One week at Disney and the rest of the time will be free for whatever we wanna do. I don't think we will try to get into the park on Christmas day (this may be a great day to hit the beach).

I am so glad that all the major life decisions have been made for this year. That really takes a load off my mind! Now I can sit and think of all the random thoughts that roll through my empty brain ;}

Enjoy your long weekend!

Hugs!

Jeanette

1 comments:

ADMIN said...

I think your vacation sounds like fun! We went to Disneyland for ours this year and really enjoyed it. But I know that Disney World is way better than Disneyland!
Have a great planning & worry free weekend !