I can't believe it is Friday already! My last post was on Monday and I totally lost track of the whole week. The girls have been busy with softball practice (one helping and one practicing). It seems like I have spent the whole week driving them from one place to the next.
They stayed home on Tuesday while I went into work and made a bazillion cakes. Wednesday I had a meeting at church all morning, picked up the girls from practice, ate lunch and ran into work to decorate the bazillion cakes that I had made on Tuesday. Yesterday I got some work done around the house, got my nails done, ran into work for about an hour to decorate a few leftover cakes and the girls and I got to do a little shopping. We found absolutely nothing! This morning I got caught up on some paperwork that has been staring at me, picked up the girls from practice and ..... you guessed it! Went into work to get some cakes done for the weekend.
Can I just say to all you folks out there thinking about ordering a cake. PLEASE! Plan ahead :} Don't call into an ice cream place at 3pm and say - Hey, we would like a cake for tomorrow. Now, the cake lady has to wait for that cake to freeze SOLID before she can decorate it. Our cake laugh for this week - there is usually more than one but this one is the best. I did up a cake for tomorrow. It said Happy 2nd Birthday! Guess what kind of ice cream the parents picked. Coffee lovers!! Who feeds their two year old coffee ice cream?! It has real coffee in it!!! I am thinking the parents will probably be eating the majority of this cake. Whatda you think? My guess is that if this is a evening party, that kid will get to sleep sometime around 3am.
I guess now I know what I have been doing all week....making cakes. It seems that people buy A LOT of cakes during the summer. Who woulda guessed?!
It seems that my kids are hungry and would like some supper. So we better put our heads together and decide what restaurant we want for supper. I don't cook on the weekends and our weekend starts on Friday night. I love this tradition that was started immediately after we got married.
Ah, traditions, aren't they great!
Enjoy the weekend.....
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
8 months ago

3 comments:
Hey Jeanette! OOOH you have been busy making people happy. That is a gift you know - like you are a part of lots of special occasions.
I read the part about the coffee ice cream birthday cake for a two year old to my husband. We both laughed about the kiddo probably being hopped up on coffee.
FUNNY!
Have a great weekend.
Jen
Oh, and your comment was so sweet. You really flatter me and I am so glad that you visit. That seems to be the VERY best part of blogging - the friendships made. Take care my friend!!
I promise to always order a week or more ahead!
Let me tell you about my poor kiddos 8th birthday.
I ordered their cakes more than a month in advance.
My daughter's was a beautiful pink princess cake, and my son's was a golf cake, with a putting green and some golf balls.They were supposed to be exactly as pictured in the cake catalog... Guess what the decorator did...she made a GREEN princess cake and a pink and green golf cake. My daughter was devastated! Her entire party revolved around pink, her favorite color. My son certainly did not want a pink golf balled cake with pink flags! The decorator was surprised that we were unhappy.
A GREEN princess gown, a green carriage with green trimmed roses...yuk! A boy's cake with pink-not for my guy! I had to get a refund and buy some pre-made frozen cakes and decorate them myself.
Ok, end of story! I just thought I'd share it with a cake decorating pro, because now it's funny, then it was the end of the world!
Have a fabulous week!
BOY ISSUES . . . YUKKO! This has been ONE VERY LONG SUMMER!
Ryan has a way of coming through with some really good ones at the right time! I thought I would actually pee my pants!
Post a Comment