Monday, August 11, 2008

Softball......again?

Abby is back to playing softball. She made her middle school "A" team a few weeks ago so we are back to playing/practice every day except Sunday. She had a tournament on Saturday. Her first game was against a team that won state last year. I thought for sure we would get whipped but they actually played well and the other team bombed big time. Apparently, they graduated all their really good girls and had to start over (much like our team).

I laughed because there are some girls on her team that have never actually played softball before. How they made the team I will never know except for the fact that they had just enough girls to field two teams so they kept everyone. She is the best player on the team - I am not just being bias. She was the only girl on her team that played travel ball this past summer so she saw some serious pitching and can hit off the faster pitchers. All the girls pick up the same bat that she uses in hopes that they will hit well too. She hit an in the park homerun tonight. YIPEE! Their team won 12-0. This is not to say that their team is really that good but that the other team was really that bad :{ At least it was good batting practice for our girls. Tomorrow they face a wicked rough team and I am sure the score will be the other way around.

Tomorrow morning the three of us are getting pedicures! I am so excited! I love, love, love pedicures. We have not had the pleasure of getting much pampering this summer and with the girls going back to school on Monday (YIPEE) we really needed to connect and get those pedicures done this week.

Abby gets her school schedule on Wednesday and Gabby has volleyball tryouts on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Friday she has freshman orientation. I know she was just in kindergarten last year. How is she a freshman already?! She has mixed emotions about the whole growing up thing. As do I.

Well, I have a huge headache/migraine coming on so I should probably wrap it up for tonight (and also the reason that I have no sense of humor tonight). Keep watch for our first day of school picture. It is a must for our kids too and they are never to old for that picture!!

Hugs to all :}

Jeanette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally got Ma & Pa Kettle's way of Math too! So funny!

j said...

It will be fun to watch your daughter play if she is good - it helps, you know?

We have moved to a big softball town. Diva Daughter will probably be involved in Fall ball this year.

I read your comment about you Dad to my son. Everyone has been so supportive of him. I appreciate you so much!!!

Be blessed.

Jen

Patrice and Higgins said...

I thought we were busy!! Enjoy your pedicure, you deserve it!