Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pedicures, MRI's and hip replacements

The girls and I were scheduled for a pedicure this morning. Abby decided she did not want one so she stayed home. Here is a great shot of the results!



I got the french manicure to match my nails. Gabby got a really cute design on her fingers too. And, of course, Abby has the flip flops with socks on - what a fashion statement. I think she wishes that she had gotten her toes done too. Poor Kristen sounds like she had a rough day getting her beauty makeover. I could have sat in that chair all day but they made me move along.

OK, so about 4-6 weeks ago Gabby hurt herself playing softball. She pulled her groin muscle and was out of play for a few weeks. No big deal as she had a few weeks until she played at nationals. Well, last night she went out for a short run and came back injured again. She had pulled the same muscle out jogging. So, we decided she should probably have it looked at. A call to the orthopaedic place this morning actually resulted in an appointment today. This was a shocker as usually it is at least a week before they can get you in and I thought I would have to use the "well I know Dr. so and so personally do I need to call his wife" question. We got in to see one of the other drs. and ended up seeing his physicians assistant which was fine - at least we got to see someone. Anyway, they did an xray and we got to see the results immediately - which is REALLY cool if you have never been able to see the results on a computer screen. The PA thought it was just tendenitis and that rest and zero sports for the next 6 weeks would probably do the trick along with ice, heat, stretching and to get going on a physical therapy/flexology program. About 5 minutes after we left the office, we got a call that the doctor wanted her to come back for an MRI tomorrow. Please pray for her as she will not be able to tryout for volleyball (tryouts are tomorrow). She was disappointment about it but realizes that missing one season is nothing if she continues to be injured. Also, please pray that this will not require surgery - she starts her freshman year on Monday!!
After we left the drs office she told me what happened while she was getting xrayed. She was giggling so I knew this would be good. She said there was a guy getting xrayed in the "room" next to hers. Her xray lady was talking and said "It looks like you will need a full hip replacement." The lady came back into the room and looked at Gabby's extremely frightened face and asked if she was ok. Her answer: I need a full hip replacement?! The lady laughed and said "No, but the guy in the next room does!" By the time she returned to the room she was only slightly freaked. That's my girl :}

Hugs!

Jeanette

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CRACKS ME UP!!! FULL HIP REPLACEMENT!!! WHAT A RIOT!

GREAT TOES!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to answer your question . . . yes, the boys know about the blog and the pictures.

Meg said...

I was gonna say.. when I read that title and started reading I was thinking "She's too young for a hip replacement!" I'll be praying for ya Gab!