Sunday, August 31, 2008

Quiet

Our day was a restful one. We headed to church this morning. This was our last Sunday before our actual kickoff date for our new church. The worship was wonderful and Pastor Daniel did a great job - like always.

After church I headed out to start mowing. Our sweet older neighbors spend the summer in Wisconsin so we take care of their yard for them. In return, he keeps the snow off our drive and sidewalks in the winter. Although we usually have to mow about twice a week in the summer, and he may only have to use his snowblower once or twice a month. It is totally worth it!! They actually got home last night but I headed over to get their yard mowed anyway. Gabby started on our yard and we got done in good time but I was sure beat. It was SO HOT! I grabbed a shower, threw on my lounge clothes and chilled the rest of the day.

I watched the 1940's American version of Pride and Prejudice (and snoozed some too). It felt good to do nothing. It has been a LONG time since I have done that.

Tomorrow brings another parade but I think we may not go to that one. Abby is spending the night with a friend so it is just Gabs and us. I set up a facebook account for her and she was having fun getting it all up and going. She really likes the pieces of flair! We sat and laughed at some of them.

Ah, the last of the dog days of summer! I hate to see it go but I do love fall. I have a bunch of apples that need to get made into applesauce - maybe tomorrow......we'll see..............

My eyes are starting to itch and water so I better get some Benedryl and chill the rest of the night.

For all you folks down south, be careful and stay safe! We will be praying for all and don't forget, we have plenty of room, we would love for you to visit if you wanna get away for awhile.

Hugs!

Jeanette

ps - ROLL TIDE! (This was actually in yesterday's parade and I had to show my support for my team!)

0 comments: