I am excited to say that today, Labor Day 2008, I successfully made applesauce all by myself (well almost by myself - Abby helped).
Abby went out and fully picked the tree that was ready. We have been blessed to have some great neighbors that helped us by picking all that they wanted. This is the first year we have really had good sized apples to do anything with and I was shocked by how many we needed to get rid of. Thanks to Dave & Mary for bringing your kiddos down to the apple farm to have some family fun picking apples!!
THANK YOU MRS. DARLING! She gave me a great recipe and it worked perfectly.
She is a genius in the kitchen.
I had a sink full of apples that really needed to go elsewhere. So, I decided to dig in and get them done. I started peeling and after about 5 apples, decided that I needed an apple/peeler/corer/slicer thingy. So I quick ran to Linen's & Things to pick one up. It worked great and Abby decided that she needed to get in on the action. In about 2 hours we had all the apples on the stove and simmering.
One tree down and one to go!
I just need a few weeks to recover from being in the kitchem most of the afternoon. I purposely don't spend much time in there - wouldn't want anyone in my family to get the wrong idea! Just in case they were thinking I would start whipping up something great for supper, I quick threw some frozen pizzas in the oven.
Whew!
That was REALLY close!!
Praise God that Gus is over and clean up begins tomorrow. I am so thankful that Mama Belle and her family are safe and back at home!
Take care all and get to bed early tonight, we have a busy week ahead!
Hugs,
Jeanette
Abby went out and fully picked the tree that was ready. We have been blessed to have some great neighbors that helped us by picking all that they wanted. This is the first year we have really had good sized apples to do anything with and I was shocked by how many we needed to get rid of. Thanks to Dave & Mary for bringing your kiddos down to the apple farm to have some family fun picking apples!!
THANK YOU MRS. DARLING! She gave me a great recipe and it worked perfectly.
She is a genius in the kitchen.
I had a sink full of apples that really needed to go elsewhere. So, I decided to dig in and get them done. I started peeling and after about 5 apples, decided that I needed an apple/peeler/corer/slicer thingy. So I quick ran to Linen's & Things to pick one up. It worked great and Abby decided that she needed to get in on the action. In about 2 hours we had all the apples on the stove and simmering.
One tree down and one to go!
I just need a few weeks to recover from being in the kitchem most of the afternoon. I purposely don't spend much time in there - wouldn't want anyone in my family to get the wrong idea! Just in case they were thinking I would start whipping up something great for supper, I quick threw some frozen pizzas in the oven.
Whew!
That was REALLY close!!
Praise God that Gus is over and clean up begins tomorrow. I am so thankful that Mama Belle and her family are safe and back at home!
Take care all and get to bed early tonight, we have a busy week ahead!
Hugs,
Jeanette

5 comments:
Mmmmmmm its that time of year :) You can also make an apple crisp, aple pies, apple butter.
Love the fall recipes!
Hey, where's mine? I thought you loved me?!?!?! ha ha
Mom survived the ordeal and didn't disappear once!
I can't wait for you to come and play with my new toys!!!
Glad to be of help! LOl And yeah, I know from experience how time consuming the kitchen is and how things get expected of you in there. Run while the runnin's good!! LOL
Sounds yummy!
Glad you threw some frozen pizzas in there for good measure :)
Hi, how are you? Loved this post. Homemade applesauce! Yum!
Post a Comment