Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Domestic Diva Event

I've gotten some questions about the Domestic Diva event we are having on Thursday night so I thought I would fill you in on all the great classes we will be having.

Budget Saving Tips
How to Study Your Bible
Party Planning on a Budget
Card Making
Holiday Home Decorating
Simple Gifts
Making your own Baby Food
How to Make a Turkey & Holiday Traditions
Self Defense
Cupcake Decorating
Candy Making

Each class will be 1/2 hour long and each lady will get to pick 3 classes.
We will start the evening with cheesecake and ice cream pumpkin pie from Coldstone.
All good baptists much have food at every event ya know!

I made it to the candy store today so I can finish up the few candy items that I need to do.
The girls and I will have a great time working through all the candy supplies I picked up.

turtles
chocolate covered popcorn
peanut butter cups
caramel cups (same as peanut butter cups but with caramel)
peppermint candy
chocolate covered peanuts
chocolate and carmel covered pretzels

Raise your hand if you can make enough candy to use up 10lbs of milk chocolate!!
I always buy the 10lb bag because I will use at least 1/2 and it is still cheaper than buying it by the single pound. If I don't use it all, I'll ask around and see if anybody can use it.
I'm sure I'll get some takers! Plus it lasts A LONG time if I don't.

We laugh about the location of the candy store.
It is in a not so great part of town.
(code for ghetto)
But, it is have best candy store in town.
Michael's, Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart may not have what you are looking for but the Decorator's Grocery will!
This couple have been in business for YEARS (meaning they are ancient themselves) and so sweet. He always runs the OLD adding machine - no cash register here - writes out your ticket by hand and answers all your questions. She keeps the shelves stocked and generally runs around the store (that is probably all of 400 sq ft) keeping everything in perfect order.

Just another sign that Christmas is on its way!
The annual chocolate sale at The Decorator's Grocery.

LOVE IT!

Now that I have made you all hungry for all the candy, I'll let you go for the night :}
No, don't thank me - really - I'm here for you!

Hugs!

Jeanette

3 comments:

j said...

Ah! I gotcha. Sounds like a bunch of fun. The comment about the Baptists and food (we go to a Baptist church too) made me think of a comedian, James Gregory. He said, loosely quoted, give Baptists something to embalm and we will give you a covered dish "I am so sorry about the loss of your son in law. Here's some baked beans."

You are right, we like our food!

10 pounds of chocolate! Yum! I have one candy that the kids and I make annually and that is it.

Have a great week - down hill slide to the weekend once we get through today!!!

Michelle said...

Wow...why don't ya talk about candy for a minute...sound like ya'll are in for some sweet fun☻

Cheffie-Mom said...

Have a super sweet time!! I'm off to find some chocolate! (: