Saturday, November 15, 2008

Seems like a re-run of last Saturday!

I am on the mend!

My ankle is feeling much better and I just hobble around a little.
Still sore but at least I can function.

I'll continue to rest it during the day and evening hours but for the
most part, I will no longer be waited on.
And I was just getting used to it!
My DH actually took 1/2 off work to take care of me.
I chuckle about this because he came home,
asked if I needed anything,
went downstairs to work out,
got a shower, ate lunch,
asked if I needed anything,
and headed back downstairs to watch what he wanted on tv.

I was pretty much on my own for the afternoon, even though he was home.
Good thing I didn't have to run the vacuum or iron the clothes.
No wait, I did that before I threw myself down the stairs!

Anyway, today brings a basketball tourney
single elimination means they will only play 1 game today and will be done for the week.
Because they will lose - played this team last week and got pounded.
Just practices after school.
YIPEE - a semi normal week!

Gabby and DH went to a football game.
The team that beat us last week will get beat this week by the team that beats
EVERYONE in the area.
Gluttens for punishment they are!!
You know that weather we got last week?
Cold, windy, rain/sleet/snow?
It's back!!

After Abby's ball game, she & I are going to come home and make some candy
for the Domestic Diva event on Thursday.
Carmel and chocolate covered pretzel rods,
simple colored chocolate in molds,
peanut butter cups,
chocolate covered popcorn (always a fav)
peppermint chocolate with candy canes crushed into it.

This weekend is for the diva event,
next weekend is for us!

I always make a ton of candies for the Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
It is hard to have around the house but after awhile,
you just don't want it any more!!

I can say that and sound semi normal right?!

Backing up a bit,
last night we headed 1 1/2 hours north to see a play that my neice was in at school.
They performed Seussical the Muscial.
It is basically a musical of Horton Hears a Who mixed with a few other Dr. Seuss stories.
She was the Cat in the Hat.
It was the perfect part for her and they all did a great job.
We always cringe when we hear that a high school is putting on a musical.
You just never know if the kids can really sing or not.

It was a late night for us but we all slept in this morning.
Me?
I crawled out of bed at 9:20.
It felt GLORIOUS!

I need to grab a quick lunch and head out the door to catch Abby's ball game.
Ya'll have a great day and stay inside by the fireplace and keep warm!

Oh yeah - ROLL TIDE!

Hugs!

Jeanette

1 comments:

ADMIN said...

I agree, when you have a lot of candy around - you just don't want it. Last year we got so much home made candy from friends and relatives that we never even touched. We gave most of it to neighbors, and we did tell them we had not made it ourselves.
I hope your ankle is all better soon!