Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let's add insult to injury shall we?

I was just listening to the news.

I know,
BAD IDEA!

I had wondered earlier today what was going to happen with the Senate spot
that Mr. Obama has left open for us in Illinois.

I had not had time to look it up yet to see how we get another senator.

It seems that our govenor gets to place the next senator.

WHAT?!

ARE.
YOU.
SERIOUS?

Folks, for the second time in two consecutive govenors, the head man in our state (democrat) is being investigated for wrong doing (fraud and conspiracy).
The previous govenor (republican) is now doing time for federal corruption charges.

So, you see folks, you can't trust the voters of Illinois as they tend to vote people into office that are questionable in character.

I can hear ya'll now...

Sure, now you tell us!
Could you not have mentioned this BEFORE the election yesterday?!

Sure, I could have

BUT WHO WOULD HAVE LISTENED?

Now, all we can do is pray.

Pray for this new president.
Pray that his heart will be softened toward our Lord.
His title of President will mean nothing when he stands before the
Lord of Lord and King of Kings to answer for his deeds.

The book of Daniel says that God places and removes kings.

I believe this will all my heart.

Hugs!

Jeanette

3 comments:

ADMIN said...

Amen!
Good luck with your new Senator.
Just don't watch the news for a week or so to keep your sanity!

Patrice and Higgins said...

praying with you girl, praying with you hard!

You are right....no one would of listened, they did not listen to a thing said during the speeches, debates, on-going mud slinging comments that were made! I sure they would of ignored you too!!!

Our nation voted blindly, wanting change, but did not listen beyond of the words of change. If they listen to the acceptance speech they would of heard it, but I sure they did not listen to that either!!

I am stepping off my soapbos! Have a great day!

{HUGS} Patrice

Meg said...

Oh Jeanette, I saw that very same thing in the paper tonight and had just about the exact same reaction as you. I think the words "Oh crap..." fell from my lips. It'sa a good thing God is in control, and we don't have to worry about these things. :)