Saturday, November 8, 2008

Football and Saturdays

Baby, it's cold outside!

Today was the high school's football playoff game.
It was snowing.
The wind was blowing.
The heaters were brought out to the field.
The fans were wrapped in blankets and layered in many layers.
Hoods and mittens abounded.
Hot chocolate was everywhere.

I have decided that I am definitely a fair weather football fan.
We left at half time with our team down 21-0.
Yep, they pretty much decided that they did not really want to play.
So, we decided that we were not going to watch.
Final score 28-14.

I came home just in time to start watching the Alabama LSU game in my nice warm and cozy basement with my jumbo cup of hot chocolate and my blanket.
This is how I like to watch football.
Forget the freezing weather and the wind.
That just makes for a bad hair day!

It would be completely wrong if I did not tell you who won the Alabana game.

OF COURSE!

ALABAMA won in OT.
They are still NUMBER 1.

WOO HOO!!!

Yesterday was my DH's birthday.
He wanted low key so we did low key.
Subway for dinner and, of course, a Coldstone cake for dessert.
Opened presents and watched Get Smart before we all fell asleep and headed for bed.
We are one rockin' family aren't we?!

Hugs!

Jeanette

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah I think I would be parking my car as close as I could to the football game with my heater going. BRRRRR! We got some snow flurries on Thursday too...
Happy Belated Birthday to your hubby :)
Back to decorate my blog some more for c-mas :)

tonya said...

Can I please come hang out with you?? You have my kind of fun!!

Patrice and Higgins said...

I want some snow.....well let me take that back, I want to be in the house with nothing to do, and then have some snow!!

You are better than me, I would of been hard pressed to show up in the first place, in cold freezing weather to watch a game!

ADMIN said...

Rock on!
Happy Birthday to your hubs!

Cheffie-Mom said...

I wish it would snow here in East Texas!! It sounds like you all had a blast. (: