Last night Abby had her last home basketball game.
It was parents night for the 8th graders.
Meaning, parents were recognized and given a flower
by our daughters before the 8th grade game.
The game was over before it even began.
We played an undefeated team.
We are so proud of Abby.
She made 1/3 of the teams points for the night.
Thanks right folks.
ONE THIRD
of the points were made by Abby!
So how many points did she score?
I knew you would want to know!
1
UNO
One
The final score 51-3.
Sad isn't it?!
We are proud of her for her contribution to the team.
On the other hand....
would you please be in prayer for her teammate, Ashley?
She fell on her wrist last night and broke it in two places.
She was not at school today so we are praying that she did not need surgery.
It was parents night for the 8th graders.
Meaning, parents were recognized and given a flower
by our daughters before the 8th grade game.
The game was over before it even began.
We played an undefeated team.
We are so proud of Abby.
She made 1/3 of the teams points for the night.
Thanks right folks.
ONE THIRD
of the points were made by Abby!
So how many points did she score?
I knew you would want to know!
1
UNO
One
The final score 51-3.
Sad isn't it?!
We are proud of her for her contribution to the team.
On the other hand....
would you please be in prayer for her teammate, Ashley?
She fell on her wrist last night and broke it in two places.
She was not at school today so we are praying that she did not need surgery.
I was getting all my work done around the house before
getting my nails done and going into work.
So, while carrying an empty laundry basket and a full hamper,
I missed step number 11, 12 & 13 on our stairs and fell on my ankle.
At first I thought it was broke.
But I was able to move my toes and move my foot front to back.
I decided to see if I could walk on it and I can.
Although limping through my day I got to my nail appointment and
got 6 hours in at work to get the cake display all filled back up.
I know I should have stayed at home and rested it for the day.
Now it is painful and swollen.
I am still limping but have been on the couch since I got home with ice packed on it.
I called in to cancel the time I was to spend in the nursery tomorrow for Mops.
I feel terrible about cancelling but if I can't walk tomorrow I won't be of any use to anyone.
Tonight has been interesting.
The girls have been running around doing what I usually do.
Gabby just started a load of laundry and it took 3 trips of instructions before she got it started.
At least they are willing to be helpful and it was the last load of laundry left to do!
Tomorrow will be spent resting again.
I am hoping to hit the local candy making shop on Saturday
to prepare for my diva's talks next week. I was planning on
making candy this weekend but it looks like I'll have to whip up something next week.
If things are no better tomorrow, I'll be visiting my local prompt care for an x-ray.
Pinky Promise!
I have always said that housework and exercise is dangerous to your health.
My girlfriend has broken her wrist while house cleaning and
getting my nails done and going into work.
So, while carrying an empty laundry basket and a full hamper,
I missed step number 11, 12 & 13 on our stairs and fell on my ankle.
At first I thought it was broke.
But I was able to move my toes and move my foot front to back.
I decided to see if I could walk on it and I can.
Although limping through my day I got to my nail appointment and
got 6 hours in at work to get the cake display all filled back up.
I know I should have stayed at home and rested it for the day.
Now it is painful and swollen.
I am still limping but have been on the couch since I got home with ice packed on it.
I called in to cancel the time I was to spend in the nursery tomorrow for Mops.
I feel terrible about cancelling but if I can't walk tomorrow I won't be of any use to anyone.
Tonight has been interesting.
The girls have been running around doing what I usually do.
Gabby just started a load of laundry and it took 3 trips of instructions before she got it started.
At least they are willing to be helpful and it was the last load of laundry left to do!
Tomorrow will be spent resting again.
I am hoping to hit the local candy making shop on Saturday
to prepare for my diva's talks next week. I was planning on
making candy this weekend but it looks like I'll have to whip up something next week.
If things are no better tomorrow, I'll be visiting my local prompt care for an x-ray.
Pinky Promise!
I have always said that housework and exercise is dangerous to your health.
My girlfriend has broken her wrist while house cleaning and
her knee while exercising.
I think I have proven my point don't you?
Hugs to all!
Jeanette
I think I have proven my point don't you?
Hugs to all!
Jeanette

3 comments:
Congrats to Abby! Way to go!!!
As for you, stay in and rest! After you see the doc, stay off your foot and let it heal.
What kind of candy are you planning on making? I've been thinking about making a batch of divinity this Saturday.
Now relax and get better!
Hugs!
Mimi
Shame on you!!! You should of stayed off your feet today!! {{{shaking my finger at you}}} Tisk, tisk, tisk!
Wow, 1/3 of the points!! You are too funny, at first I thought she got tons of baskets!! He he!
Now don't make me shake my finger at you again....if you are not better tomorrow, off to the doctor you go!!
Enjoy your time of rest...it won't last long!
o.k, - I posted a sec ago and it erased . . . let me try that again.
Weiner SHAME ON YOU!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL SOMEONE? You know better little lady! You really should have had that ankle x rayed today!
Did Mom call you? If she did, I bet she scolded you!
You rest tonight and take Ibuprofen to help with the swelling and pain. If the pain is too bad have Bill get you to the ER.
Love and Hugs - call me on my cell tomorrow to let me know how you are doing.
Post a Comment