Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The cozyness of home!

We are getting more snow tonight.
The girls and I are all excited.
Because we can be happy about snow.
We are weird like that!

So, in honor of the newest snowfall,
I am already in my jammies and cuddled up
in my warm, soft and fuzzy pink bathrobe.
I know it is only 5:30pm.
What is wrong with that?

The girls are having breakfast for super.
It is leftover night so everyone pretty much
gets their own dinner.
They decided against lasagna and went for french toast sticks
and Abby added pop tarts.
What?!

I guess I must be a cool mom (or a really bad one) because
I just don't care!
I am simply shocked that they did not want
the lasagna. I have to say that next to my Aunt Phyllis,
I can make a mean lasagna.

I feel accomplished tonight.
I was able to get gifts wrapped today
AND
our Christmas cards will go in the mail tomorrow.

I got 10 cakes done at work and got home
before the snow started.
We are home for the rest of the night.

BLISS!

I need to get started on my next book club book
so that I can relax and enjoy reading it instead
of reading it to get it done.
It is a big one called The Given Day by Dennis Lehane.
I have no idea what it is about.
I just enjoy getting together with some girlfriends to
talk and enjoy each others company!

Enjoy your evening and stay warm :}

Hugs,

Jeanette

4 comments:

j said...

Lasagna sounds GOOD to me. I'll take their portion, K?

SNOW! I would be happy too. No chance of snow EVER hear in South Alabama. Oh well.

Make some snow cream for me!

Cheffie-Mom said...

We all need Pop Tarts and french toast sticks for dinner every once in awhile! (: Woo hoo Snow! I wish we had a little bit of snow here in East Texas!

Unknown said...

Oh boy I love my jammies... I would live in them..actually I do :)
We are suppose to get snow this weekend.
Enjoy your cozy home my friend :)

Patrice and Higgins said...

I am ready for some snow, all we are getting is flurries and sleet, yuck!

I jump into my jammies as soon as I get home, that way the boys know that I am not getting out for anything! So if you see me in jammies, you are so out of luck!!!