Sorry I have not been around for a few days.
It has been C.R.A.Z.Y.!
You know with the big game Sunday night and my need for caramel covered cheese curls, it kept me from getting to my blogging. I know your mind is stuck back at the caramel covered cheese curls. I know your thinking YUCK! Not so my friend. It is addictive and you can't stop at one!
Here is the recipe (cause I know you really wanna try it)
1C brown sugar
1/2C butter
1/4C corn syrup
1/2t baking soda
3-4 quarts popped cheese curls or popcorn (I use one whole bag of puffed cheese curls)
Combine all ingredients except for soda and cheese curls in 1 1/2 quart microwavable dish. Cook in high until it comes to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in soda. Put cheese curls or popped corn in a brown grocery bag (I just use a large bowl that will fit in the microwave). Pour syrup over cheese curls. Close bag and shake (or if you used a bowl stir caramel and curls). Cook in bag on high in microwave for another 1 1/2 minutes. Shake (or stir) and cook another 1 1/2 minutes. Pour onto waxed paper and let cool. Separate curls so they aren't all stuck together.
The big game was fun and exciting but our team lost. Well, our team is da Bears but the team we were cheering for lost. Oh well! Next year I won't even remember who played :}
So yesterday was my cleaning day. I decided that my car REALLY needed a bath inside and out. So after grocery shopping, I hooked the hose up to my laundry room sink and got going. I washed my car in the garage and then hosed down the garage floor for the second time this winter. What a mess! But my car looked great - and then came more snow - Ahhhhh! I just can't win :{
Tonight Abby had two extra credit experiments for science. Make rock candy and ice cream. We tried to make rock candy last year for Gabby but it never set up. Tonight, it did! I helps to have a candy thermometer :} One down, one to go. Out comes the ice cream recipe and away we go. They had made ice cream at school but the teacher asked them to go home and try to make it better - so we added reese's pieces!! Plus, I am going to send a pint of Coldstone to school for her too. Hey, she should actually be able to eat some good ice cream if she is going to have to taste the stuff that the kids are making!! She should do very well on those extra credit points!!
So, there you have it. The reason I have been insanely crazy this week! Did I make you hungry in the process? To add to it, I am excited to say that the cupcakes have officially hit the cake display at Coldstone. I think they will be a big hit. I worked myself to a frenzy today and am awaiting more ingredients to make more cupcakes. This crazy lady called today and wanted a cake for her daughters 16th birthday tomorrow! That crazy lady would be my sister :} And her cake will be ready for Katelyn's birthday tomorrow afternoon. It is freezing in the blast even as I type.
Tomorrow brings more of the same except that we are to see a warm up this week. We may see the 50's by Friday. WOW - that would be great!!
Hugs,
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
10 months ago

4 comments:
That Crazy Lady would be me . . . sorry for the short, short, ultra short notice. I was hoping that my oven would be repaired before the beginning of this week - as thing go - it isn't! Next brainy idea . . . call Jeanette to bail me out! Hmmmmm she did ~ I may have to use your services a little more often. ha ha
Love ya
I have never heard of the caramel covered cheese curl thingys! THAT sounds YUMMY! Anything with brown sugar is usually good. I will probably be giving that one a try!
The Caramel Cheese Curls sound awesome! Thanks for the recipe! I have not heard from you lately! Stop by soon!
I'm kind of thankful that I'm still sick, because those caramel cheese curls and Cold Stone cupcakes sound yummy. Right now I can't taste anything, so I'm safe from your temptations!
Post a Comment