What to type.
What to say.
Hmmm.
Oh, yeah! Gabby is finally feeling better. The mono and strep tests are all negative so far. They will call on Monday with the final strep test results. This is a good thing! She was unable to go to the doctor this morning to get released from her injury - just too sick. Rescheduled for Monday morning at 8am - love being the first appointment of the day! She will remain on the BRATT diet through tomorrow. You know - bananas, rice, apples, tea and toast. She is not real thrilled with the tea and toast aspect and was so excited when I brought the bananas home.
Abby has a volleyball game in the morning so I won't get to sleep in. I really would like to. I slept on the couch last night and Gabby slept on the love seat. My back is feeling the effects today.
I got to start working on the new cupcakes at work. I did not get enough done to actually put them in the display. We need a lot of 6 packs to fill the space and I only got about 10 packs filled. Two of those packs are already spoken for by my girlfriend. She was so excited that she is going to have them tomorrow night when her company comes over. They are way easy to put together but it does work better with two people otherwise the ice cream starts to melt and you don't want that to happen. So one of the day shift gals got trained on how to do them. I'm hoping that I'll get the help I requested on building some cakes. The owner wants the cakes to be built up. I'm afraid that with the economy they will go to waste but he is sure they will sell. I hope so!! We did have quite a line today for awhile. And I took one phone call asking about cakes. We will see.
It is still freezing here in the middle of Illinois. But for some reason it does not feel as cold. Am I getting used to the single digit wind chill? It actually felt warm in the sun and it was only in the teens today. Weird! Right now I am freezing for some unknown reason. Well, I am drinking iced tea so that is probably the reason that I am shivering from the inside out :} DUH!
I picked up my niece's birthday present today - she will love it and if she doesn't I want it back! She will be 16 next week. It is hard to believe my Katie bear will be 16! She is totally going to kill me for calling her that but she calls me Aunt Weiner so all is fair :} If you wanna know more about my nickname you can go here.
There are a ton of birthday's in our family in February. I just checked - there are 5. February is such a short month. How do we get so many? Well, I know how we get them but really 5 in February? Hey, you guys, can we move a birthday or two to another month of the year? August looks good. Only dad has a birthday in August! Ok, we will do yours and yours in August - got it?! You don't wanna move to August? Sesh, its not like you own the day or anything and who really likes birthdays once you are an adult anyway?! Fine, we will leave it but know that you would have gotten a way better and cooler card if we moved it to August. I'm just sayin'.
Well, I better call it a night. We are enjoying some much needed down time tonight. Praying you are able to do the same!
Hugs,
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
10 months ago

2 comments:
I'm happy to hear that Gabby is feeling better!
Hey, maybe you could wear a big parka and make the cupcakes in the walk-in cooler!
I just know that because of your blog I'm going to end up at Cold Stone this weekend. Could you please blog about salads?
Have a great weekend, and get some couch potato time in!
Ha! Julie and I were chatting on facebook one night and "weiner" came up!!
Your post made me really hungry for ice cream cake!!!
Post a Comment