Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I give up.

I was just about done decorating cakes today when I get the call.

You know the one.

The one you get from the school telling you your kid is sick.

BLAH!

Again?!

Gabby was just sick on Monday and stayed home from school. Back to school yesterday and today I got the call during her last hour. Don't know why she couldn't wait 1/2 hour before school got out but she couldn't.

I'm stumped by her ailments. Headache, chills, dizzy, nausea after eating, glands under her tongue hurt. No cough, runny or stuffy nose or fever. Is it just something going around? These symptoms don't add up to me. Am I missing something? I was leaning toward sinus but without a cough or nose issue I just don't know what to think. She will be going back to school tomorrow as long as she is not throwing up. I'll give her some meds and send her on her way. Praying that she will make it through.

I need to be putting in some major time at work the next few weeks. I am told that past years have shown cake sales the two weeks leading up to Valentine's Day total about 80 cakes. YIKES! Add that to the special cake (strawberry and sweet cream ice cream mixed with strawberries with yellow cake) and a new line of cupcakes coming out and that all adds up to lots of work. The cupcake ingredients came in today so we had to experiment. The owner gave all the workers a sample. They are YUMMY! The bottom part that is usually paper is actually chocolate and then it will be filled with cake, fudge, ice cream and whip creme topping. There are three different flavors. I am hoping to work on making them all day on Friday so we can start putting them into the display. I think they will sell great. They are packed by the 1/2 dozen and you can pick a single flavor pack or a variety pack of the three flavors.

I have not had a great week but at least it is almost over. Before going into work tomorrow I will be decorating a cake for my DH to take to work on Friday. They will be saying goodbye to all the retiring folks that took the retirement package that was offered. I am sure it will be a rough day for some as they have called Cat their work home for many years. This time has been stressful on my DH. He has taken a bump up the ladder and is working with the guy who took his place. He is putting in at least 15 hours a day. In to work by 6:30, home about 5ish, maybe gets a workout in, hops back on his laptap to work on emails and such until about 11pm. This is our life for awhile. I am not complaining, at least my DH has a job and isn't in his last days with some horrible disease like my friend, Angie's husband. I'm sure she would give anything for her husband to be able to work 15 hours a day!

Sorry that I am such a downer tonight. I just don't have anything left to give. I need to get into God's word before I go off to bed. I'm praying that will settle my spirit.

Hugs all around!

Jeanette

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your frustration Dear Sis. I am sorry things have been tough this week. I read your email yesterday and felt totally bad for you and at the same time irritated at Bill. Why doesn't he feel the desire to look past the garb that his Mom has pulled and take the bull by the horns. I think she would be set aback by him and actually listen . . . he would need to be loving but stern. A boy has a special place in a Momma's heart - encourage him to go up to her place and have a sit down - just the two of them.

I do not know what to think about Gabby's ailments. Maybe it is just a virus that she can't quite get over. Melaleuca has some really good Immune booster supplements. When I felt like I was coming down with something I took three twice a day for a few days and didn't get sick. I would suggest you order some and get her to take them.

Sounds like your work will be overwhelming . . . if I could help you I would . . . sorry the only cake experience I have is eating cake . . . that wouldn't help you much.

Know I love you and am sending HUGS.

Unknown said...

Whats wrong with your friends hubs? :(

Cheffie-Mom said...

I hope Gabby feels better. The funk has been going around here too. And I hope you feel better! Hugs back atcha!

ADMIN said...

Maybe she just has a virus, but keep an eye on her. Viral meningitis has been going around and it can be very serious.
I hope she's better soon. Good luck with your cakes!

j said...

There has been SO much going around! We have had the cough and cold thing here.

You work at Cold Stone Creamery or Marble Slab??