Thursday, January 29, 2009

Almost done with this week!

Whew!

I made it through - only one more day until Friday :}

Gabby ended up staying home today and we got her in to see the doctor. They checked for strep, which I doubted anyway because she does not have her tonsils anymore. It was negative but they still send it in for culture. He then sent us on to get some blood work. His only thought was possibly mono. One of her friends at school has it. Thanks for sharing!! If they tests come back negative, then she probably just has a virus. I drugged her up so she should be getting tired and heading to bed. She has a doctor appointment at 9am for her injury and we are hoping they will release her to play sports again.

Let's flip to the next sicky in the family.

The MIL.

She had a doctors appointment today and they were to draw blood. My SIL went with her - MIL was angry!!! My SIL actually called the nurse practioner yesterday to tell her about the "episode" with forgetting the words on a page. She was very interested in this information and when she saw my MIL today, she listened to her heart. She is having a dopler test on Monday. My SIL said your heart should sound like running water if everything is work properly. Hers sounds gurgly and clogged. Hmmmm, probably because it is! When she told me MIL was angry I laughed and said maybe she should try to not keep things from her kids and that if she would quit lying about her health we wouldn't have to do what we are doing. Pretty much discussing issues with her healthcare provider and going to every doctors appointment because we just don't trust her! I'm just hoping that the extended family hears about it because then they would know that we ARE taking care of her and she is the one being the stinker.

OK, enough of the MIL!

Tomorrow is the big day. I get to make the yummy new ice cream cupcakes at work. I'm so excited! The day shift girls are excited too - they kept asking yesterday when we were going to start making them. I think they were having a hard time waiting too :}

Abby's volleyball team won their set tonight. Abby was so excited - she got the game winning point by spiking the ball! She was all giggles on the way home.

Totally off subject, don't you love The Office?! I could never work in that office but it just makes me laugh. "You have to tolerate alot when you're part of a family...." Amen!

Hugs all and thanks for the encouraging words!

Jeanette

3 comments:

ADMIN said...

Poor Gabby! I hope she improves over the weekend.
Cupcakes sound yummy! My kids would be all over those!
I hope you get some time to relax and enjoy some you time this weekend!
Just wondering...
Why does your mil see a nurse practicioner instead of a Dr.?

ADMIN said...

I was going to email you a little laugh, but your e adress isn't on your profile. I posted it on my blog, so come over and see it!

tonya said...

Poor Gabby. Please tell her that prayers are going up for her in SC.