Friday, February 6, 2009

Soooo ready for the weekend!

It has been such a long week!

I think I heard some "amens" out there :}

We have been running every night and it doesn't stop now that it is the weekend. The girls and I went shopping tonight. We hadn't gone in A LONG time and they asked if we could go. Bill didn't want to go so he stayed home. They each picked up a few things but I got the best deal! I got a cutie pie athletic outfit for under $25! I'm planning on wearing it to Gabby's volleyball tourney on Sunday in Missouri. It will be so comfy to travel and sit in all day :}

Tomorrow brings a volleyball match for Abby's school team and then the girls have haircuts. After that, we get to go home and stay home. We are planning on heading to bed early because we have to leave at 6am on Sunday morning. I will enjoy spending time one on one with Gabby. It has been awhile since we have had a good long talk and she isn't going anywhere when we are in the car.

Work seemed to go on forever this week. On the up side, my next paycheck will be nice! It has been crazy customer week (not Julie, the other people). Get this one. A lady came in today and wanted a Sponge Bob cake TODAY! Ah, let me think, No. Ain't gonna happen. So she picked one out of the display and wanted me to take all the pretty stuff on the top and just write happy birthday and then add Sponge Bob. Ok, I'll do that. Her kid decided that he must have the Sponge Bob toy RIGHT NOW! So, while I'm fixing the top of the cake and doing the writing her kid it running around a very crowded store. I bring the cake out, tell her how to arrange the Sponge Bob on the cake when she asks where the candy went that was on top of the cake. Well, you said you did not want it so I had to throw it away. Her kid decided that he wanted the candy topping. WHAT!? So, I remake the candy for the top and then she wants me to put them on the cake. My answer. NO! In order to place them properly I needed the Sponge Bob that her kid has been running around the store with. I told her that after she takes Sponge Bob home, to wash him and then place him on the cake and surround him with the candy. What I really wanted to tell her was to tell her kid NO every once in a while! I told him no and she wasn't happy with me but I'm sorry he is not going to grab a cake off the counter and drop it after I worked so hard to put them together.

About 5 minutes after this fiasco we get a phone call from a customer. They were complaining that they ordered a cake and it was not what they ordered. OK, return the cake and we will make it right. Well, they picked up the cake on Wednesday, ate the whole thing and then call today to complain. They wanted their money back. Once again, NO! I was so proud of the Coldstone employee. The lady couldn't understand why we would not give her a refund. "Well, you ate the entire cake. If it was wrong, you should have called immediately to let us know!" We would have made her an entirely new cake in order to make it right. People wanting something for nothing! It just burns me - you want something, pay for it. Can't afford it? DON'T BUY IT!!

Now, I am exhausted and my eyes are drooping, the head bobbing and all. Time to call it a night.

Hugs,

Jeanette

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe that customer that wanted her money back! Get a Life Lady!!! YIKES

Hopefully you will have a great day today and relaxing tomorrow with Gabrielle.

Love and Hugs,

Julie

Patrice and Higgins said...

You are a better woman than me, I would of lost my job over the SpongeBob cake! I do not have a lot of patience for people like that and trust me with a kid runnning wild through the store, the little bit of patience I did have would of been long gone!!

j said...

I will look tomorrow and see if they have them when I get out to run errands. My Dad bought that bag of conversation hearts for me and I will double check with him in the morning to find out where he found them. If I do locate a bag I will do my best to get them in the mail to you tomorrow!!

And speaking of tomorrow, I will do the conversation heart advice for you tomorrow too - I am about to turn in! *yawn*stretch* I am actually tired!! WOO HOO!

Jackie said...

I just happened across your blog tonight, and I can't believe your story! Wow! I cannot imagine eating an entire cake and then calling later on demanding a refund.

But anyway, I noticed you are in Central IL...I grew up in that area so I just wanted to stop by and say hi. :)

Cheffie-Mom said...

I hope you were able to get some rest! You are always one busy Mama!