Saturday, February 14, 2009

Volleyball, a nap & dinner

Yet another weekend of volleyball.

Gabby has another tourney this weekend but at least today it only lasted until about noon. We got home, ate lunch and I took a nap.

My DH and I went downstairs to watch tv. We cranked up the little heater and hunkered down for a sweet afternoon of rest. I think I slept off and on for 2 hours. It. was. heaven.!

We took the girls out to Panera for dinner and came right back home.

We don't really do anything for the big V-day. Like many others, I just don't see it as that important and with the economy as it is, I'm not spending big bucks on candy and chocolate that we just don't need.

Gabby finishes her v-ball tourney tomorrow. My DH is going to take care of her so that Abby and I can get to church. We have lunch with our care group after church so we will get home about 2:30. Hubs is going to take them to softball practice (they practice in a high school gym during the winter) in the evening. I'll probably clean the basement and maybe do the grocery run so that Monday will be a lighter day.

We got some snow last night but it is pretty much gone tonight. We were very spoiled with the gorgeous weather we had this past week. We are all itching for spring to come already. For February being such a short month, it always seems to last FOREVER!

I must give a shout out to Jen over at Dust Bunny Hostage. My DH loves the large heart candies that only come out for Valentines. He loves the Brach's brand but for some reason, we can't find them in our necka the woods. Anyway, Jen actually posted about them last week and bless her heart - found some and sent them our way. He got them today and was thrilled! We had forgotten to check the mail when we got home from volleyball. After dinner my DH commented on not being able to find the Brach's hearts anywhere. He wondered if Dollar General would have them because Krogers, CVS, Walgreens and Walmart didn't. I was smiling because I had grabbed the mail before we left for dinner and there was a package in there that I knew held the hearts that he wanted. So, Jen - THANK YOU! You made his day and is a happy camper :}

I know, it is the simple things in life that make us smile :}

And, Kendra girl - yes, we have completed our taxes and have actually received one of our returns yesterday. We try to get them done the first of February but I didn't get the state one done until this week. I figured we better get them done early so that we actually get the money back. You just can't tell with our government right now. With the state of IL so deeply in debt, we are just praying we get our return back.

Yep, we have a boring life. Sorry no fun things to post about tonight. Maybe tomorrow will bring a spark to this boring blog - you just never can tell!

Hugs,
Jeanette

2 comments:

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

That was not a boring day, sounds fun actually.. You did way more than we did, I don't think I ever left the couch yesterday:)

j said...

I am SO glad that he was happy. That makes ME happy.