Thursday, February 12, 2009

What is up with customers?!

Today was a day filled with crazy customers! It is almost humorous.....

Customer #1

Can I get a petite cake today? - Nope, but you can get one tomorrow.
If I can't get a petite cake, can I get a pack of cupcakes? - Yep, we have 1 flavor at the moment.

Customer #2

Can I get a cupcake? - Well, they are sold in packs of 6.
But I only need one? - That one cupcake will cost you $9.99 and comes with 5 friends.

Customer #3

Can I get an assortment of cupcakes? - Yep, we have an assortment available.
Ok, I want 6 different flavors. - No, you can get two each of the three available flavors but not 6 different cupcakes with 6 different flavors.

Customer #4

This cake has too much graham cracker crumbing on the side. Can I get one without so much crumbing? - Sure, come back tomorrow and pick it up. (She decided that the one she got was just fine.)

Customer #5

Can I get a menu to take out to the car for my husband? Poor Ty got this customer, he turned the store upside down looking for a printed menu. Yes, he found one!

Customer #6

Via phone. I want to talk with a manager NOW! - There is no manager in the store right now. Can I get a message to him?

NO! I will tell you want is going on! - OK.

I ORDERED A CAKE AND PAID FOR IT, MY SON CAME IN TO PICK IT UP AND YOU CHARGED HIM AGAIN! - OK, calm down. Let me go talk to the other gal and I'll be right back.

FINE!

I talk with Morgan. She only had one customer pick up a cake - refer to customer #4.

Returning to the phone - What store did your son pick up the cake at? - Turns out it was not our store but the other store that is owned by the same guy. I gave her the other phone number and the name of the manager to ask for. Plus, I asked that she not get upset with the other store but to explain that she had already paid for the cake and then was recharged. They will make it right!

So there you have it! Our day with C.R.A.Z.Y. customers. We have been inundated with cake orders. The cake display is full because they all want the same cake. The sweet strawberry romance is new and a huge hit for Valentine's day. I'm not sure anyone is going to want it after Valentine's but I am praying that we have enough made to make it through. Most of them want the small cake so we have been banging them out. Tomorrow will be my day to complete all the extra cakes that we will have available for all those last minute people. One of the day shift gals is coming in early to work on cupcakes. We made 16 - 6 packs yesterday. There are 4 packs left today. The boss man picked up 2 cases of chocolate cups that will make 32 - 6 packs. We are hoping to make it through to Wednesday when we get another truck delivery. We don't know if they will continue to have cupcakes after March but they are a huge hit so I can't imagine that they would stop them.

Well, my kids are still up and they need to get to bed - 7am comes early when we aren't in bed until 10:30ish. Catch ya'll later!

Hugs,

Jeanette

3 comments:

Patrice and Higgins said...

I love customer #2!

You crack me up, of course I said this once, but I will say it again, I would be put in jail if I had to deal with what you deal with!

You're a good woman!

j said...

Could I not just get one lonely little cupcake for 2 dollars?

:)

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

I just read your post, better later than never right? That is too funny, I am with Patrice #2 is hillarious, but so is #3. When I worked at customer service in the mall we would get some real doosies, don't ya just love customers:)