I feel like I have fallen off the face of the earth.
The busyness of life has sweep me away again!
So, I guess I better start at last night. Let the story roll.....
Abby had a volleyball game about 20 minutes away. So like most volleyball nights I head over from work. YIPEE - they finally won a set (or is it match?). I don't know. But we were pretty much the last ones out the door. We hop in the car and it won't start. WHAT?! It was fine heading over and I did not leave anything on. I quick ran to the only car left in the lot and asked if he had any jumper cables. He did not. We happen (by God's plan) to be at the school right next to my sister's church and it being Wednesday night, they were having Awana (again, God's plan). I ran in and asked if anyone had any jumper cables. Yep, they headed right out to help connected us up and boom, it starts right up. I'm sure you are wondering where my DH was. He was on his way home as he had left right after the game. Anyway, Abby and I headed home. I left everything off except my lights and used my turn signals only a few times. We could see the headlights flickering so I knew we did not have much battery life left. We pulled into the garage and my car dies. THANK YOU LORD! He got us home safely. I jumped into my DH's car and zipped down to Wallyworld to pick up two new batteries.
OK, if you must know. My DH and I have the same car - yes, year, make and model. Long story short. It was my turn to get a new car and we ended up getting two new cars. Yeah, I know - what were we thinking?! But mine is better because it is red. His is silver (boring!).
Two batteries in the trunk and I head home to replace the batteries cause you know the other battery will go within the next few days. That is how it ALWAYS goes!
Snip snap, mine is done and my car starts and runs great. His, not so easy. I couldn't get the bolt off so he came out to help me. I know what you are thinking. Why is the DH not out working on the car?! Well, he is an engineer, yes. But not the hands on kind. He is not mechanical at all. So, I am the mechanic, plumber, electrician and basic handyman, er, woman. We don't work well together on any hands on projects so we would have ended up in a huge arguement about who was doing what the wrong way and it is just not worth it!
It is a good thing we replaced both batteries. The little green "eye" thingy was not showing up on either battery. We got through 5 years so I guess that is not so bad.
OK, switch gears.....
Abby and I were talking and I told her that I noticed that before she serves she always looks up and that I noticed that she said something before every serve. She kinda grinned and didn't say anything. I asked her what she was saying and if she was talking to herself. Her answer made tears come to my eyes. She said "Mom, I don't talk to myself. But I do say - please help me God - every time I serve." Doesn't that just make you well up?! Ok, well I guess you had to be there!
Tomorrow, we are going to....
Oops! I just about let out a secret. You'll have to wait for my next post to find out what we are doing :}
Hugs,
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
8 months ago

8 comments:
O.k. not nice for leaving us hanging!!!
I am so glad you were safe! God is so Good!
Tell Abby I am proud of her!
YOU change the batteries? Thats cute :) I wouldnt know the first thing about that.. hubby has my car all tore apart right now and is doing what would have cost us $1200 had we taken it to a shop. He is a jack of all trades. :) My battery, has been in the car for 9 YEARS! Can you beleive that??? He just bought a new one to replace it when he puts my car back together this weekend. My car wont know what to do.
Glad you made it home safely... tell Abby congrats :)
Thank goodness you made it home safe and sound.
I give you 2 thumbs up for changing both car batteries yourself. I hope you're teaching your kiddos to follow in your footsteps.
You're the woman!
I am IMPRESSED! Brian is Mr. Handyman in our house. That is why I married him :-}
I'm impressed! I wouldn't know how to change a battery unless it was in one of the kids toys!
Way to go leaving me hanging for the weekend:)
Have a great one....
Glad you made it home safe. Congrats on the win:)
First, I am not sure I think I know how to open the hood! I am way impressed!
Second, I hate surprises, I am ready to know what's going on!! He he!
Last, I think we need a blogger convention, where a few of us ladies spend two glorious days at a spa, doing N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!!!
That's what a busy lady needs!!
I love what your daughter does before she serves. It blesses my heart.
I got your letter today. That was TOO much! I need to email you.
Have a great weekend.
Post a Comment