OK, time to fess up to what we did Friday night.
I could not say anything on my blog cause I don't know who would read it and I did not want to ruin the surprise.
We were the special guests for the young married's class at church. They were having their Valentine's day party and we hosted The Newlywed Game for them. My DH and I used to teach the class and when we moved with the church plant in the fall we, of course, left the class as well. It was so much fun and we felt young again!!
I'll post some pictures as soon as some of the folks load them onto FB. I know it really was not that exciting but it left you hanging! Sorry, I'm so naughty :}
I will be home today with yet another sick kid. I'm so glad I only have two kids! Abby started "tossing her cookies" last night at softball practice. At first we thought that maybe it was food poisoning but she is running a fever so I think it is what everyone else at school has had. She is not usually one to get sick so when she does, it hits her hard. Poor kid. She got no sleep last night (which means I got no sleep either). I couldn't give her anything for the fever because she couldn't keep it down. She is now sleeping. I gave her some Tylenol an hour ago for all her aches and pains.
I had intended to go into work and do up some cakes so that I could get ahead this week and take Friday off. It seems that won't be working out for me. I'll finish cleaning the house today and keep the laundry going. I am already tired and so glad that I only have a few hours of work left to do. I'm thinking we may have to watch an on-demand movie this afternoon.
After I dropped off the girls at softball last night I ran over to the grocery store (so glad I did!). After groceries I stopped and got dinner at McD's. I was so looking forward to sitting in my car with my book and dinner and just enjoying some quiet time. I ordered the sweet tea that everyone has been raving about. WOW! How about some tea to go with your sugar :} It took me some time to actually enjoy it. I don't know maybe that particular McD's just did not make it right. I could not really taste the tea. Is that how it is supposed to taste? Just as I got settled and was in complete relaxation mode, I get the call that Abby was sick. Bless her heart, at least she made it home (with me driving like a crazy woman) before she got sick again. Me driving like a crazy woman, maybe that is what caused the excessive sickness - surely not!
I need to get rolling so I can get some rest today too. I have a feeling my DH will come home to us in the same place he left us. Exhausted on the couch. I simply can't sleep on the loveseat again tonight..... Any idea how hard that is for an adult to do?! I'm thinkin' it is a pj's day all the way around!
Hugs all and stay well!!!
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
7 months ago

4 comments:
Oh man, the sickness is making the rounds at your house. I hope everyone gets well very soon! I hope you can get some rest.
Hope Abby's feeling better now. Jaime's slept almost all day and is doing a little better. She's had a banana and some oyster crackers. Tara's home now too. I thought about calling the high school to see if I had any standing in that office too before I left the school grounds! Hope you got some rest!
Hope everyone is feeling better. We have not gotten it yet, but it is going around my sons school.
I hope you don't have to sleep on the loveseat tonight.
I hope Abby gets over her virus fast! It's hard having the kids home sick. You better take an extra dose of vitamins! Maybe some chocolate, too, to keep up the Super Mom energy.
Sweet tea-we don't have that down here. Is it just tea with a lot of sugar in it?
Post a Comment