Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Here we are again!

Has it really been almost a week since I last blogged?

I find it hard to believe!

Whilst I was gone, I have had MANY late/early nights (depending on how you look at it).

Gabby's last club volleyball tourney was on Sunday in a suburb of Chicago. Meaning, we got to get up at 5:30 on the exact same Sunday that we moved the clocks forward. We carpooled so at least I did not have to drive.

We ended up home by 5:30pm because of a storm that came through and the electricity being out. They sent everyone home. None of us were upset :}

Monday was my day to go out to lunch with my girlfriend for my birthday. We were just winding down when I got a call from Abby's school. It was Abby. She was sick and wanted me to come and pick her up. Soooooo, off I go to pick her up.

She was feeling better yesterday so she went back to school. She had her last volleyball game last night (which is one reason why she wanted to go back to school).

Volleyball season is officially over for us!!

Both girls were working hard on homework and we finally got to bed about 11pm. About 3am Abby started coughing so I asked her if she wanted some meds. YEP! By the time I got back upstairs with the meds, she was having a hard time breathing. Into the bathroom we go to get the steam going. A call to the doctors hotline and a half hour later we are on the couch and loveseat trying to get back to sleep. Today brought a trip to the doctors office for a check for strep. She tested negative but they also did an x-ray of her chest and now we are waiting for the results. Basically the doctor said she thought she probably had viral influenza but is checking for pnemonia just to be safe. She said none of the meds were working on it this year and we simply had to treat the symptoms. I made a quick stop at Walgreen's to pick up some more Motrin and Tylenol. I also picked up a new thermometer because mine had died. The one I bought was no better so it is going back for a replacement. I hate that!!

Abby will be home again tomorrow per the doctors instructions. The school secretary said they have had record highs of kids being sick and that they were dropping like flies. I guess they had 20+ kids in each grade missing school each day. That means 60+ kids a day!! YIKES! At least she made it through ISAT testing before getting sick. I think she stayed at school on Monday just to get through the last one.

All that said, means that I will have a sick kid home on my birthday. Joy of joys!! I am heading into work tonight to get some cakes done. That will mean that I won't have so much pressure if I can't make it in tomorrow. I don't feel like I can leave her home alone because she is so weak and if she has another spell of breathing trouble, she would be home by herself. Not a good idea!

Tomorrow I'll try to post some pics of me when I was a kiddo. My kids always laugh at my kid pics so please be nice!

Time to go - enjoy your evening!

Hugs,

Jeanette

7 comments:

Kris said...

I hope Abby feels better soon!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Sorry Abby is not feeling well.

Patrice and Higgins said...

I hope all is well soon! BTW, last year on my birthday we all shared a stomach virus! With that being said maybe next year will be much better!!

heartsfulloflove said...

=( So sorry she's sick again! It's a nasty illness going around.
Try to have a Happy Birthday!!

ADMIN said...

This year the viruses have been really bad1 I hope that Abby gets over it and feels better soon.
I can't wait to see pictures of the birthday girl.
Hugs!
Mimi

Anonymous said...

You are such a good Mom! BTW - Happy Birthday Sister!

Sorry . . . no deliveries at your door . . . or should I say the Petri Dish in which you live!?!

Hope Abby gets to feeling better!

Love and Hugs and again, thanks for the pumpkin fluff recipe! You rock!

Cheffie-Mom said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday to you! I hope Abby feels better soon!