I can't believe that we are still up.
Gabby's English class went to Chicago today to see A Midsummer Night's Dream. She was not able to go because of her regular Thursday night committment. The teacher was "kind" enough to send the movie home for her to watch tonight. Why she did not send it home last night, I have no idea except that she knew that Gabby was busy tonight and was put out that she did not go on the trip. Yes, I am looking at it as a form of punishment (she was the only one that did not go). We are both tired - I decided to hop onto my laptop to stay awake.
Gabby was all excited last night when she got home from softball tryouts. She made the varsity team as a freshman!! She was the only freshman and was a bit scared to join the older girls but they have welcomed her. We have already given her the speech - "you have to continue to earn that spot". She worked very hard and I have to say that I am proud of her. My boss made the comment today that of all the girls, Gabby has the best work ethic. It made me proud to hear that too. At least we have done something right :}
This past week has been a bit crazy with all our computer problems that we have had. First the internet connection, then the router, setup the wireless printer because of the router problems, and tonight when I tried to "sync" my calendar with my phone, I had to reinstall the "sync" so that I could sync it. What a nightmare! It has been more than frustrating.
Saturday morning I am going to volleyball practice with Abby. They are having a parents & players practice. The parents are invited to practice with the girls - running and all! I told her that I would do everything that she does but if I break a nail, I am done :} Hey, I just got them done today and they look really nice.
I have a day of cake decorating ahead of me. Next week is very busy for me. I have more than one day of lunches out (it is my birthday next week). I'm looking forward to it but trying to figure out how to get some work done too! Lunch on Monday with a girlfriend, the dentist on Tuesday afternoon, book club on Thursday and lunch with my folks on Friday. Told ya! I am quite the social butterfly :} Looks like Wednesday and a partial day Thursday will be about it for me - not that it is a bad thing. I should actually be ahead of myself if I get all the cakes done tomorrow. I will have plenty in the back up freezer to get us through!
Time to say good night!
Hugs,
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
7 months ago

6 comments:
Congrats to Abby!
I agree, it sounds like the teacher is getting a little dig in.This year I have learned that there are a lot of immature teachers out there.
I hope that you have a good time fluttering here and there, Miss Butterfly! It sounds like a lot of fun.
Hugs!!!
I would be irritated too!
You are a busy one! And lets see - - - you will be 4??? hmmm shall I spill the beans?
Hugs - love ya
Congrat to Gabby for making the team?? It is Gabby right?? If not, congrats to Abby!! He he! I am on the computer early this morning!!
Don't even get me started on teachers.....I know that they are humans too, and that they have a life beyond teaching, and teaching is one of the hardest jobs and little pay....but give me a break! I have had a run a round with a teacher this past week, can ya tell?? I felt like saying, if ya can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!!!
So on to something happy....you're having a birthday?? Let's celebrate!!
So excited for Gabby! I wish her the best. Sometimes it's hard to be the younger person on the team, we know this from experience. Fortunately for you, Gabby's personality will allow her to fit right in. I'll try to make a game or two! So fun! I guess we'll be seeing you at track too!!!
Congrats to your daughter and shame of her teacher!
Computers can be very trying...I always lose my patience with them.
You have a lot of fun stuff ahead...you should do a post of some of your cakes when you have the time...I'd love to see them:)
CONGRATULATIONS TO GABBY!!!! That is excellent.
You need to rest a little OK? All of your busy-ness is making me tired. Think I will have to sit here on the computer even longer to get over it :)
Post a Comment