My body is screaming at me tonight!
I think it is saying.....
You wanna do what?
You still need to do what?
Is there is a reason that you felt you needed to do.....
You know I'm not going to let you forget............do you?
I am almost done spring cleaning.
My kitchen is staring at me.
Waiting......
It will get the spit and shine tomorrow.
OK, not really the "spit" because that would be gross and no one would EVER want to eat at my house. The shine will be there.
Every window in my house is sparkling. I told my DH that when he goes outside tomorrow he will need to put on his sunglasses because the glare from the clean windows will be blinding. His question. Did you wash them on the outside too?
Well, let me see....
YES!
Husbands.
Sometimes I think he lives in a different world!
So, I told the girls that we are going to split up the kitchen cleaning. I have 12 drawers and 34 doors and 2 lazy susans. That means that we each "get to" clean 4 drawers and 11 doors. Which ever one of us "gets to" clean out the pantry will not have to tackle the lazy susans.
I don't know what we were thinking when we built our house! I just had to have a large kitchen!
OK, on to something a bit more sedate.
I found out today that my BIL on my DH's side will be without a job come June. They moved back to our area about 3 years ago so he hasn't had this job very long. He works from home in the aeronautics sector. I am sure he will be looking very hard to find something in the area but my SIL may have to go to work as well. She is a teacher so she should be able to get a job in the district that they live.
My DH got the news yesterday that his section at work will have to take 3 weeks of unpaid time between now and the end of August. This kind of makes me mad as his section is actually profitable. They are not allowed to take vacation time (which he gets 6 weeks of). He says this is to keep from laying more people off. I understand this and am more than willing to take the hit except that in February they actually made 1 million dollars more that they projected. I don't know what they projected but seriously do they have to continue to cut? Sometimes I wonder if they are doing it just because they can and they blame it on the recession. I know I should be happy that he has a job and that it is pretty stable. For that, I am thankful - just makes me wonder how far it will go.
Well, I need to get into my jammies and snuggle up with one of my girls.
Enjoy all the b-ball on tv this weekend!
Jeanette
Merry Christmas
7 months ago

6 comments:
Seriously! Some of this stuff is seeming ridiculous. And in some cases (ah hem) they let go of hard working people (i.e. my dad) and keep the not-so-hardworking ones. It really stinks! Several people have called and told my dad that they can't believe they laid him off instead of certain others.
PS- I know you "proof read" these 1st, so you really don't have to post this, it was just the easiest way to respond to what you said. :) Good luck w/ the kitchen!
I don't pretend to understand what Caterpillar's financial situation is and don't know what is next, but I have heard of so many people being laid off, wow. I do know that orders for product have dropped from January to February. Think of it this way, you just need to store up some cakes in the freezer and enjoy some time with your husband! :o) Blessings to you and your fam.
Everything in the economy is so messed up now, and it is hard to trust what's said and done. Somer things make no sense at all!
I know that a lot of kids at my kiddo's school won't be back next year, because their parents lost jobs or businesses.
Good luck with your kitchen!
I hope that you get some rest and enjoy some chocolate and a good movie when it's all done.
I left you a little something on my blog...swing by and check it out!
Scary times with the economy!
I wish my house was super clean like yours. Maybe I will work on it tomorrow... and maybe not :)
The economy is very scary. I know so many people who have been laid off.
Great job on the spring cleaning!
Post a Comment