Monday, April 13, 2009

The End is Near!


Today was the girls' last day of Easter Break.

IT.

IS.

TIME!

We have enjoyed our time off and especially our days of sleeping in. The girls were very helpful around the house with cleaning and laundry. They also helped me at work and my boss loved it! He got 3 workers for the price of one :} We produced ALOT of cake in a little bit of time. It was GREAT!

Thursday we got our pedicures and manicures. It was wonderful and my toes look so pretty - perfect for my open toed Easter shoes :} I was teasing my nephew, Cameron. I told him we would paint pretty flowers on his toes too. His reply...."NO, I'm not a girill (pronounced girl and grill mixed together!)." He is so funny!

We had a very blessed Easter ...

The first pic is Gabby looking for her eggs.....

Cody looking for eggs.

Abby, Katelyn & Gabby laughing at the rush to find all the eggs.

JC aka Fat Dog.


All the kiddos happy after their hunt. It was breezy and a bit chilly but the rain held off until early this morning!

Friday found us up to Bill's moms house to celebrate Easter and Kylies birthday. She turned 11 this year.



Liam took over the camera. He is 5 going on 25!



Megan & Haley doing the "cheesy smile" for the camera. Megan is our oldest neice - she is a sophomore at Illinois State U. We are SO proud of her. She is going into the sports therapy field and is just a good kid all around though I'm sure her mom would argue that point depending on the day and week.

Saturday was a whirlwind of softball and batting practice. Gabby had 2 games (they won both - YIPEE!) and Abby had to be at batting practice at the same time. DH went to the games and I took Ab to practice. We spent the rest of the evening having dinner with some friends and then sat down to watch The Passion of the Christ with the girls. They had never seen it and we thought it was time. Of course, there were many tears and they felt the impact of the movie. It was the second time I had watched it and it was not any easier to watch the second time around.

I am going to attempt to join the 30 x 5 crowd starting tomorrow. It has been a rough last few weeks and I need to get back on the calorie control bandwagon. Tomorrow will begin the treadmill trek. I'm not exactly looking forward to it but it must be done!

Anyone living in my area that happens to get the PJ Star. Would you please keep the sports section for me? I have been told that Gabby's name keeps popping up and I would really like to see her name in print! I can't seem to find it online :{

My computer is about to lose its battery so I better go!

Hugs!

4 comments:

ADMIN said...

It looks like you had a great Easter. Spring break just sped by, didn't it?
My kids went back to school today.
I joined the phase 2 at 2nd cup-see ya there!

Jenny @ flutterbyechronicles said...

Glad you had a fun spring break. My son went back yesterday and he is soo ready for summer.

I joined phase 2 as well.

j said...

Looks like you all had fun at Easter. You have a beautiful family. I see Julie's kids in the mix!

*Ahem* Fat Dog seems an appropriate name.

Love the new blog look! Quite pretty!

heartsfulloflove said...

I sent you a FB message,but I found the articles on pjstar.com